GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Man this board just loves to whine. No matter what they do or don't do this team is still going to be a top team in the east. Carolina and Florida will be worse. A better year from Kakko, a healthy Chytil, Jones given a chance, Berard, Othmann, Edstrom pushing for spots, no Goodrow and likely no Trouba. They will also sign somebody in FA. It's really not that bad.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The players are and apparently have been running this team. Makes sense, really. Don't really care how ruthless Drury gets at this point; these guys have to figure it out beyond "I need to play with my friend."
Both Trouba and Goodrow are well respected and hard working vets. These guys are human beings which so many posters here seem to forget. It's not that hard to understand why some guys on the team are upset. It's really not a big deal either. It's not like they are going to request a trade because of it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Man this board just loves to whine. No matter what they do or don't do this team is still going to be a top team in the east. Carolina and Florida will be worse. A better year from Kakko, a healthy Chytil, Jones given a chance, Berard, Othmann, Edstrom pushing for spots, no Goodrow and likely no Trouba. They will also sign somebody in FA. It's really not that bad.
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It depends on who it is I guess.
I don't really care who it is TBH. If you are pissed about the fact that the GM is trying to improve the team, you are in the wrong business. I mean you can feel bad for a friend, but if you feel like you want out because of the player treatment... I don't care if it's Laf or Fox, they can go too if that's the case.

Reactions: egelband

mti79

May 11, 2007
The funny thing is Drury is a stone cold mother and could not care less.
At the very least, he won't let it ruin his weekend....

Also, I can't be the only one who gets annoyed with all these last minute signings can I? Are these teams saying that this is their final and best offer and it goes away tomorrow? Why not wait another 18 hours and see what else is out there? Unless they already know because of all the tampering that obviously isn't going on....

Reactions: will1066

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I don't really care who it is TBH. If you are pissed about the fact that the GM is trying to improve the team, you are in the wrong business. I mean you can feel bad for a friend, but if you feel like you want out because of the player treatment... I don't care if it's Laf or Fox, they can go too if that's the case.
I’m sure Laf, who has been shafted since day one for dookie veterans, is absolutely devastated seeing a bad player be held accountable for his play

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
There's one thing I disagree with y'all and it's the Trouba wife thing. Unlike bimbo trophy wives, she is actually doing something with herself in osteopathic medicine and neuroscience and has ambition. Her career has more upside than Jocab's to be honest. If I find out that y'all prevented her from doing research and finding the cure for Kakko's lack of confidence, I'm holding y'all responsible.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’m sure Laf, who has been shafted since day one for dookie veterans, is absolutely devastated seeing a bad player be held accountable for his play
I bet you he probably is. Players who live and die with these other guys over a long and grueling NHL season look at things through a different lense than fans. Again, really not that hard to understand.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's kind of a shame that the CBA prevents renegotiation of contracts. Because at this point I could see Trouba absolutely be willing to cut his salary and AAV, if he could stay.

I guess you could try to mutually terminate the deal and then do another one, but the NHLPA and the NHL would probably lose their shit lol.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I bet you he probably is. Players who live and die with these other guys over a long and grueling NHL season look at things through a different lense than fans. Again, really not that hard to understand.
Im sure he’s sad to see teammates of multiple years go. But you insinuated that Laf should be moved if he feels Trouba/Goodrow have been mistreated by management, which was the headass point I was responding to

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Im sure he’s sad to see teammates of multiple years go. But you insinuated that Laf should be moved if he feels Trouba/Goodrow have been mistreated by management, which was the headass point I was responding to
What? I never said anything like that. That would be insane. As a fan I want the best players on the ice and have been calling for both Trouba and Goodrow to be traded. I'm just saying that players who go to war with these guys see things differently and I understand that some may be upset.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay