GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Trouba is f***ing insane. Butthurt because we want to move on from him? He's been awful! Why would we want to keep him?
I mean it's still a shitty situation for him and his family. Not too many hockey players have spouses who are actually pursuing a legit career, that has some constraints to it. His wife is. They also just had a kid mid-season. And he's the captain of the team.

I think he has a very legit reason to feel bad about the situation. Doesn't mean the outcome should change.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
"We need a real top-6 winger!"

"But not like that!"

Guys, there isn't much out there. We can either get that top-6 forward, who are all going to be small and skilled (Stamkos, Kane, Skinner, Guentzel), OR we can continue with Kakko or whoever the f*** you want. I guess Tyler Bertuzzi might be available.

Or, we can trade our best prospects and multiple picks for a guy like Tkachuk, if the Sens even want to move him.

Might as well keep flexibility and roll the dice with Kakko again. Flexibility is more important than locking yourself into a bad gamble long term, especially with an aging player. Youth that might eventually have the lightbulb come on is a way better bet.

I mean it's still a shitty situation for him and his family. Not too many hockey players have spouses who are actually pursuing a legit career, that has some constraints to it. His wife is. They also just had a kid mid-season. And he's the captain of the team.

I think he has a very legit reason to feel bad about the situation. Doesn't mean the outcome should change.
I hate to be an asshole but his wife needs to get the f*** over it.

Trouba is making $64m with his contract. Despite being a doctor, that is probably 5-10 times more than she will make in her career.

You can go do doctor things in 2 more years when he’s done.

There are more wingers out there than pure centers.

Chytil needs to stay at center I think. Unless we find another similar quality young 3C.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Might as well keep flexibility and roll the dice with Kakko again. Flexibility is more important than locking yourself into a bad gamble long term, especially with an aging player. Youth that might eventually have the lightbulb come on is a way better bet.
Being a big Kakko fan, I'm not against the idea of giving him another shot at top-6 (please don't ban, @Machinehead). BUT, it requires a serious reshuffle of the top-6. He doesn't work with Panarin, he doesn't work with the twins (who works though?).

Panarin - Mika - Laf
Kreider - Tro - Kakko

It would still be ideal to have a sure-fire top-6 player out there instead of Kakko, and if we keep Kakko just put him with Chytil on the 3rd line.

Last edited:

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Being a big Kakko fan, I'm not against the idea of giving him another shot at top-6 (please don't ban @Machinehead). BUT, it requires a serious reshuffle of the top-6. He doesn't work with Panarin, he doesn't work with the twins (who works though?).

Panarin - Mika - Laf
Kreider - Tro - Kakko

It would still be ideal to have a sure-fire top-6 player out there instead of Kakko, and if we keep Kakko just put him with Chytil on the 3rd line.
Maybe it clicks for him. One year older and wiser.

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Boo f***ing hoo. You don't like how the Rangers deal with stuff? Maybe these teammates can waive their NMCs (because I think we know who we are talking about) and get lost as well.
this core ever going to recover from this drama? Probably not, they internalize everything.
predator-06.jpg

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Tell the team they don’t raise banners for losing in 6 games in a conference final.
Haha, actually there will be two banners for the Presidents Trophy and Metropolitan Division in the rafters this fall.

Kailer Yamamoto is a name I'd look into. He had one 20 goal year. Maybe he breaks out with the Twins.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
“ I don’t think the way he and Goodrow have been handled this offseason is sitting well with some teammates.” - Vince
The players are and apparently have been running this team. Makes sense, really. Don't really care how ruthless Drury gets at this point; these guys have to figure it out beyond "I need to play with my friend."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay