GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Well it's clear we aren't going to fight him on it.

We're taking it up the backside but fighting him on it probably hurts the prospect of other players signing with us in the future.
The Rangers have traded, bought out, and chased out various players over their history and it's never hurt their chances at signing free agents or making trades despite this getting mentioned after each incident.

Even if it did, would it even be a undesirable result? If said FA can't handle a team trying to exercise a trade that's within the written contract laid out when they sign, they'll be coming to the wrong city anyways.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Link to what? Have you read the past five pages of this thread? People are acting like Trouba is Saddam Hussein because he doesn't want to abruptly move his family. In hockey circles this is like a top ten controversy of the decade meanwhile NFL and NBA players do this stuff every day and no one even notices because it's so common place.

Who cares. It is what it is. Drury blew it. Do better next time. All our favorite Rangers players are texting Trouba congratulations right now for sticking it to management and looking forward to seeing him in the locker room in a few months.

This ******* ridiculousness is actually going to make me start liking Trouba.
Let’s be real, Saddam never did anything to any of us personally. He never bailed on his coverage like a door leaving some guy wide open for a tap-in. Trouba is much worse.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Rangers heading into FA day:

1000018559.gif

Rangers after FA day:

1000018560.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
lmfao imagine actually just f***ing sending your captain who is 100% a legit NHLer in his prime to the AHL just because. The PA would go to war over that
No they would not, it's on their contract. He would still get paid like normal. Did the PA go to war over Edmonton dumping Jack Campbell into the AHL?

I don't know how credible Blueshrits Breakaway pod is, but the hosts are kinda suggesting that both parties recognize where this is going. Even Trouba, though reluctantly. They are now giving time for Trouba to figure out where he (and his family) wants to go, and Drury is willing to wait and then they try to make it happen.

plot thickens
Wasn't this common knowledge all the time? WTF Brooks?

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Rullailija

Oct 29, 2017
No they would not, it's on their contract. He would still get paid like normal. Did the PA go to war over Edmonton dumping Jack Campbell into the AHL?

I don't know how credible Blueshrits Breakaway pod is, but the hosts are kinda suggesting that both parties recognize where this is going. Even Trouba, though reluctantly. They are now giving time for Trouba to figure out where he (and his family) wants to go, and Drury is willing to wait and then they try to make it happen.

Wasn't this common knowledge all the time? WTF Brooks?
If he ends up accepting a trade, we then have a massive hole at RD which we could have filled yesterday. (Roy, Walker, etc.)

Hopefully Drury has things cooking on the trade front, otherwise we are kind of screwed. Next years' UFA-class is horrible when it comes to right-handed D.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
If he ends up accepting a trade, we then have a massive hole at RD which we could have filled yesterday. (Roy, Walker, etc.)

Hopefully Drury has things cooking on the trade front, otherwise we are kind of screwed. Next years' UFA-class is horrible when it comes to right-handed D.

Hard to make good trades when teams just loaded up their rosters for over 1 billion. We don't have many good trade chips left. Couple of good prospects and first rounders. I think not trading for a RD (and LD Lindgren replacement) yesterday regardless of the Trouba situation may come back to bite us.

Reactions: Rullailija

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hard to make good trades when teams just loaded up their rosters for over 1 billion. We don't have many good trade chips left. Couple of good prospects and first rounders. I think not trading for a RD (and LD Lindgren replacement) yesterday regardless of the Trouba situation may come back to bite us.
Should've been in on Chychrun and Walker at least. And maybe they were, but kinda hard to understand how Walker got that reasonable contract.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen, our starting 6 d for the seasona:

Fox Lindy
Miller Schneider
Trouba jones

Get used to it for the next 2 years

I mean, I'll be honest. I missed at least 50 regular season games this year and didn't bother buying any tickets this year. Was just busy. Sports teams worth billions of dollars aren't going to care if I tune in for the game at 7pm or if I drop dead tomorrow morning. Just not worth it to take any of this too seriously. It is a game after all. Way more important things out there.....

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Mu guess with all this is that Drury had a deal worked out with Detroit, asked Trouba to waive and he said no.

When have we known Drury to leak things? The noise about the deal probably came from the Detroit side.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
For everyone who has sympathy for Trouba, I’ll agree when he offers to mutually terminate the last two years of his contract. Otherwise, he’s circumventing his agreement and he gets no sympathy from me - not that he, or anyone else, cares.

How many AHL guys or guys who ended up in Europe would kill to be in his position?
That’s what I’m saying. NYR just paid you 44 of 56 million dollars, you were a multi-millionaire before that. Now you’re bitching and pitching a fit over a year and yours wife’s residency??? No one told her to get knocked up and defer it for a year.
Your can hire and army of house keepers/ help to accommodate her along with your family until the year passes and she can come join you wherever.
I’m having a hard time after seeing some of the Deal D men signed today, that there wouldn’t be at least a handful of teams interested in 2 years of Trouba at his real$$ contract/cap hit.
Athletes and their families relocate all of the time. It’s part of the business.
People that don’t make near the $$ they do also relocate all the time when their job requires it….
This is basically, I like my life too much here in NY, and my wife’s dream is more important than my next 2 years of playing hockey.
That’s great, I wonder if he didn’t have a 50 million dollar nest egg to sit on, maybe 2 years of hockey would be more important to him….
We all know what happened here, no matter what is reported/said by the talking heads.
This guy and his agent basically put it out there that even if he’s put on waivers and a team claims him, he won’t report and likely terminate his deal.
What franchise is going to go thru the trouble of doing all that when you know the outcome?????
Not only that, now the rangers will look terrible for their captain going kicking and screaming out the door causing a scene. This whole situation is wild to me.
Both sides probably agreed that when his wife is done with her residency, Trouba will go quietly in a trade/waiver claim. For this season, both sides will keep it amicable appearance for the sake of doing business.

• Wow
Reactions: skipmowerman

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can't have it both ways. He can't be a terrible player and leave a massive hole when traded.
Because he isn't a terrible player he's just immensely overpaid. He's been playing like a 4 million dollar defenseman almost his whole tenure here.

Given NYR's lack of depth right now that still is a hard thing to replace. Long live Zac Jones. Root hard for Mancini.

Rullailija

Oct 29, 2017
Can't have it both ways. He can't be a terrible player and leave a massive hole when traded.
He is an overpaid player, but he does indeed leave a hole. Look at the remaining right-handed FA D-men:

1719920909061.png

Aside from Schultz, I would want none of them to play even 3rd pairing minutes for us.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Have to imagine Drury would have gone big game hunting if Trouba didn’t nix a trade. What a wild start to the offseason.

Reactions: Barnaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad