GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Looking at these 6+ million contracts for major term and suddenly Trouba for 2 years doesn’t look so bad. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think he can be moved. It’s just a matter if he wants to work with the Rangers to find a suitable destination or if he makes things difficult and goes on waivers.

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that this relationship is fractured and Drury made the decision to move on already.

Makes no sense for them to waive him at this point. Either they'll make a trade because they like the return, or have another deal lined up to spend the new cap space, or he'll be on the team. Plenty of players have played through trade requests and similar situations before. They are perfectly capable of having a working professional relationship despite differences in opinion. They don't have any viable replacements for him at the moment either and didn't sign any.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Makes no sense for them to waive him at this point. Either they'll make a trade because they like the return, or have another deal lined up to spend the new cap space, or he'll be on the team. Plenty of players have played through trade requests and similar situations before. They are perfectly capable of having a working professional relationship despite differences in opinion. They don't have any viable replacements for him at the moment either and didn't sign any.

Heck, I'd rather have $8x2 Trouba vs $7x7 Skjei

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
EDM has some interesting depth now

McD, Drai, Hyman, Nuge
Arvidsson, Kane, Skinner, Holloway, McLeod, Ryan, Perry...

They've potentially addressed secondary scoring, reloaded, and ready for another run in 2025. All they need is a cheap boost to their blueline.

Reactions: gabevh3

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
EDM has some interesting depth now

McD, Drai, Hyman, Nuge
Arvidsson, Kane, Skinner, Holloway, McLeod, Ryan, Perry...

They've potentially addressed secondary scoring, reloaded, and ready for another run in 2025. All they need is a cheap boost to their blueline.
They will bottom out in the 2nd round, because they have re-signed Perry (who always gets to the SCF but loses) and signed Jeff Skinner (who always misses the playoffs). So those two will cancel eachother out, and it's a 2nd round exit against the Vancouver Canucks.

• Haha
Reactions: gabevh3

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I’d be interested in Kylington and Schmidt if they would come here.

Not to be missed, the Devils loaded up with guys who will make them more difficult to play against and more physical in general. I’d argue that Washington did as well.

I’m still intrigued by a Farabee for Kakko trade. I think that fits both teams.

And I’m still looking at Buffalo and Detroit for Trouba. Buffalo had a couple of minor signings but they have a boatload of cap space and a need at RD as well as a void in leadership with Okposo and Skinner gone.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The new excuse for this group of prima donnas is they’re unhappy with how they treated Ramsay, Goodrow and Trouba among other things

Cry me a river while you wipe your ass with money
Now that you mention it I wonder if any of the players actually went to Drury over the weekend and told him not to move Trouba? This whole thing is a shitstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad