GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The improvement in that lineup comes form Cuylle and Kakko taking big steps forward. A lot of uncertainly is what happens when you're filling internally. I think the approach up front is fine, 7th in GF and GA.

If it's a disaster a few months in they'll make moves, you can always do that.
Smith should be better on the wing than Wheeler.

The fourth line should be better without Goodrow. I like the idea of giving Edstrom a chance there. I don't love Carrick, but Edstrom-Carrick-Vesey/Rempe could be much better than what we had last year.

Chytil missed the entire season. We had Brodzinski as our 3C for a long stretch. That alone is a massive upgrade if (big if) he stays healthy.

The forwards corps should be better than last year. Pretty easily imo.

The huge issue is on defense, but it's still early. Let's see how the chips fall, especially with all the noise around Trouba.

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
I
Tarasenko is a one trick pony whose not even that good at that trick anymore.

Panarin is a historically awful playoff performer.

Yeah I'm not a fan of guys like that.

What banned/re-branded poster are you? lmao.
I’m new, and have never had an account here, so yet another thing you’d be wrong about. If you think Panarin was the source of our failure to win the cup this year you need help. Our D was the issue as the number of shots Igor faced compared to Bob was obscene.

I guess Vlad was just holding up a facsimile of the Cup or did you just stop watching after we were eliminated (by a Tarasenko 3rd period elimination dagger btw)?

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
You think this defense is good?
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel

Please dont tell me that theyll upgrade it at the deadline. That defense is going to get eaten alive.
Isn't Chad a free agent? We will get another RD, I suspect. Lindgren's agent played it smart. It's reported that his initial ask was quire reasonable. Sucked Drury right in.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Also for all the talk on the Canes getting better because they signed Walker, that team is 100% worse than they were yesterday. They have lost much more than they've returned and were by far our biggest threat.

Washington is not a contender. The only one I think significantly improved was the Devils.

Reactions: AirGut

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Smith should be better on the wing than Wheeler.

The fourth line should be better without Goodrow. I like the idea of giving Edstrom a chance there. I don't love Carrick, but Edstrom-Carrick-Vesey/Rempe could be much better than what we had last year.

Chytil missed the entire season. We had Brodzinski as our 3C for a long stretch. That alone is a massive upgrade if (big if) he stays healthy.

The forwards corps should be better than last year. Pretty easily imo.

The huge issue is on defense, but it's still early. Let's see how the chips fall, especially with all the noise around Trouba.
We really dont have any draft capital to make trades. Do you want to give up a 1st? I dont think we have a 2nd round pick for 5 years. So are you ready to give up on a guy like Othmann/Perrault/Berard to upgrade our defense? Do any of our prospects have any value besides those 3?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
They can be but in what role? Smith on a playoff team at this point is 3rd line, do you think Smith playing with zib and kreider is the piece that makes those two not horrid at 5v5?

He's also 33. This franchise has QUICKLY gone for the youngest in the league to the upper half and at the same time pissed away most of their draft currency
Yeah I’m not a fan of how quickly this generational rebuild has been cast aside all in the name of a couple of conference finals losses. Wow, we’ve never experienced that before.

We were supposed to have patience until we had the talent for a decade long run of contention. Instead pissed away because we couldn’t bear to upset Zibanejad and Kreider by not immediately making the playoffs.

I’m happy we have shown restraint today. But let’s see them actually make an attempt to get younger or do something unconventional if they can’t through conventional means.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Also for all the talk on the Canes getting better because they signed Walker, that team is 100% worse than they were yesterday. They have lost much more than they've returned and were by far our biggest threat.

Washington is not a contender. The only one I think significantly improved was the Devils.

I haven't seen Walker announcement yet other then that one tweet from Freidman

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I

I’m new, and have never had an account here, so yet another thing you’d be wrong about. If you think Panarin was the source of our failure to win the cup this year you need help. Our D was the issue as the number of shots Igor faced compared to Bob was obscene.

I guess Vlad was just holding up a facsimile of the Cup or did you just stop watching after we were eliminated (by a Tarasenko 3rd period elimination dagger btw)?
Ignore him. I don't know why people get all high and mighty when a new poster comes along.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Washington is over the Cap right now, even with Backstrom on LTIR

Attachments

• 1719860170749.png
    1719860170749.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 3

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I

Our offense put up 1G in game 1 against the Panthers. Shutout G6. And had 3 games of scoring just 2. The offense was very much part of the problem.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
You know what keeps shots against down? Puck possession.

Having no forwards who could cycle or execute puck retrievals was what killed them.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad