GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We gave up a 2nd for Alex Wennberg. We couldnt find the ammo to get Chychrun for a 3rd and a prospect?

bruce garrioach the OTT reporter said OTT was desperate trying to acquire a RHD through any means but no one wanted to sign in OTT or waive to go there. They want to compete this year desperately and they took less to acquire Jensen. We didn't have the RHD that could make that trade work. Ottawa took less value in order to have a better D corp immediately.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
No freaking way. Lomberg can't score to save his life. $2m per season!?!

2x2 is a good deal for him. he does a lot of other things and can skate. would've been way better than giving carrick $1mil, who is f***ing awful at everything.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Most of the deals signed today were trash.

But there where a couple gems in threre. I liked Teräväinen, Chychrun and even Roy I would have done.

Walker details for CAR not yet announced?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Herman brings up a pretty good point on twitter. Even if we do move Trouba the options to use that open cap are at basically 0 when it comes to free agency. Really makes you wonder if there is something bigger in the works. Tkachuk, Marner??

We have seen it before, Drury moves quietly

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I mean
So what is the actual plan here?

it can't be just run it back.

This team has shown the core is not good enough. If he runs it back it is just a wasted season.

I would rather him trade trouba, panarin, kreider now to kick start a mini rebuild around Laf.

Running this core back with no significant upgrade is just treading water with rain boots on.
They’re letting some contracts run down to eventually clear a metric ton of cap space for the bones of the next core. In the interim say hello to your new RW1 Will Cuylle, or maybe Othmann/Berard.

We will sign a bunch of two way contracts and be done with it, unless Drury has a trade up his sleeve in connection with the Trouba debacle.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Still waiting to see if anything develops on the trade front.

I think Drury was ready to pounce on anything he believed to be financially worthwhile. He obviously thought none of the players out there was worth the price paid.

These boards continually are the source of amusement: guaranteed, if we had signed any of the top UFAs, it would not be long before many (most) here would be moaning and groaning about diminished production from players 30 and above, and the albatross their contracts had become.

At this juncture, next year's team doesn't look as good as last year's, but face it, none of us expected the team to do as well as it did. As much as some players underachieved, as a group, they overachieved. If we don't do anything, we can sign our younger players and be ready to be a player at the trade deadline.

But, let's see what falls trade-wise over the next few hours or days.
Call me crazy (DON'T!!!!!), but I don't think the salary and terms were the only reason for our "silence" -- one has to wonder how many of these guys are asking for the dreaded clauses. I get the feeling Drury is adamant about (a) NOT giving long-term contracts and (b) NOT giving any NMC/NTC clauses if he can help it. I don't think he'll go beyond a limited NTC -- and I'm pretty sure that ends most conversations.

Reactions: will1066

effen

Feb 3, 2018
bruce garrioach the OTT reporter said OTT was desperate trying to acquire a RHD through any means but no one wanted to sign in OTT or waive to go there. They want to compete this year desperately and they took less to acquire Jensen. We didn't have the RHD that could make that trade work. Ottawa took less value in order to have a better D corp immediately.
Right, it's just a matter of huck more random ass picks at people and it'll make the trade bar go green.

They *need* to have a playoff season, now. Forgot the D thing, they have Sanderson and Chabot there and played Chychrun on his off side because of it.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I mean

They’re letting some contracts run down to eventually clear a metric ton of cap space for the bones of the next core. In the interim say hello to your new RW1 Will Cuylle, or maybe Othmann/Berard.

We will sign a bunch of two way contracts and be done with it, unless Drury has a trade up his sleeve in connection with the Trouba debacle.
Everyone wants the Rangers to fill holes internally, until they start to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad