GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
This post is the definition of insanity.

Sucked donkey dick? They were in the final four twice. That's better than like almost every single team in the league.

They have until March 2025 to get the team into a better spot than last year. It's July 2024. Cups aren't won now. In fact, I'd argue they're more commonly lost.

The defense is still the same. Trouba and Lindy are trash. We are without a top 6 forward, still need a center,. Yes sucked donkey dick. You think we deserved to be where we were? We are not a good team and we are one of the worst 5v5 teams. All the guys we needed in order to revamp the defense is gone, so who are we replacing with? We are running the same team that has failed over and over again and don’t have the intestinal fortitude to back anything up. There’s reasons why we can’t get over the hump.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Elias Lindholm just got $54M when his last 3 years points totals are 82, 64, 44.

Monahan's jelly head getting 5/25 is bonkers.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
8vlcal.jpg

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Sometimes you need to take a step back before you can take a step forward.
That's called a rebuild. The Rangers are in a window where they very well could win a stanley cup. There's something also said to throwing it all on the table when the time is right. A lot of other top teams got better today. Let's see what else Drury has up his sleeve, but seems like a lot of avenues that would have help put the Rangers over the top are now spoken for.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Not a play driver, cant pass or skate, doesnt play physical or well defensively. Got it.
Stephenson might need strong wings to put up points, but the rest of this is pure bunk. He's an ELITE skater, probably top 5 in the league, plus he's an excellent PKer.

I don't like the deal he signed, but let's not pretend he's not a good player who is suited as a very good 3C, but can absolutely slot as your 2C if the situation calls for it.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
So what is the actual plan here?

it can't be just run it back.

This team has shown the core is not good enough. If he runs it back it is just a wasted season.

I would rather him trade trouba, panarin, kreider now to kick start a mini rebuild around Laf.

Running this core back with no significant upgrade is just treading water with rain boots on.

Reactions: Go Rangers

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Nashville: It’s never worked before and won’t work now, flashing cash like Pac Man Jones in a strip club.

Otherwise….is it me or are there a lot of, like, mid players moving around the board? I mean you have Stamkos, Rinehart, Guentzel, Montour, Sergachev……and even those guys are 30+ years old. And that Lindholm contract smells like a pair of boxers you haven’t changed for three days.

I don’t mind the Rangers sitting this out. Carrick is your Wennberg replacement with more bite I suppose.

Reactions: majordomo

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
sorry Adam Fox. you chose to play for NYR. you should have known what you were asking for. Now, come here and we'll add another 15 lbs to that anchor around your neck.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Iy
So what is the actual plan here?

it can't be just run it back.

This team has shown the core is not good enough. If he runs it back it is just a wasted season.

I would rather him trade trouba, panarin, kreider now to kick start a mini rebuild around Laf.

Running this core back with no significant upgrade is just treading water with rain boots

It’s exactly what we are doing, if we trade trouba and Lindy now there’s no one to replace them, all the top wingers are gone, we are running it back. Let’s start the rebuild already and build around laffy and fox and trocheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad