GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Still waiting to see if anything develops on the trade front.

I think Drury was ready to pounce on anything he believed to be financially worthwhile. He obviously thought none of the players out there was worth the price paid.

These boards continually are the source of amusement: guaranteed, if we had signed any of the top UFAs, it would not be long before many (most) here would be moaning and groaning about diminished production from players 30 and above, and the albatross their contracts had become.

At this juncture, next year's team doesn't look as good as last year's, but face it, none of us expected the team to do as well as it did. As much as some players underachieved, as a group, they overachieved. If we don't do anything, we can sign our younger players and be ready to be a player at the trade deadline.

But, let's see what falls trade-wise over the next few hours or days.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If a guy like Skjei gets 7 mill for 7, then guys like Lafreniere or Miller are gonna want a lot more too. Increase in cap doesn't help with next contracts it only helps with one's we currently have signed. The cap going up is helpful for the Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, trochek, Fox contracts, anything else going forward will increase with the cap.
It blows my mind that the delta between Skjei and Sam Reinhart is less than $2M. While that just says more about the discount Sam gave the Cats it does still say a lot about how much Skjei got.

1719854691782.png

Well if Joey Anderson's cap is the same as Trouba, maybe I've been wrong this whole time for complaining :laugh:

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Disastrous trade deadline which likely cost us a Cup, and now a disastrous Free Agency. Confidence in Drury is gone. Fireable.
well... maybe signing a UFA, was contingent on moving Trouba. You can have the cart before the horse. I'm not absolving Drury, because this season/next are going to make or break this current team.

There were some players, that I don't understand we weren't in on? The Caps made moves and the NYR can't?

It's still early in the day, but again, the big move for the Rangers may just be moving on from Goodrow and Trouba.. signing a bum and stopgap or 2... and throwing money at Igor

Reactions: gabevh3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad