GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yea every other GM is just an idiot and Drury is a genius. Give me a break, most these contracts are actually a lot lower than what I would’ve guessed especially with the cap going up

Common Jovo L.

Even if the cap is going up, it isn't going up so high immediately that these contracts will be any better. These guys are going to continue to age as the cap rises and handing out multi year deals to players in approaching or just flat out in their mid 30's almost never ends well.

Most of these teams are going to wish they had those dollars come deadline day or for future UFA periods where there are better players available. There have been basically maybe 2 contracts handed out today that were good deals and maybe another 2 that were fair or even decent value.

Huge mistakes are always made on this day and there were plenty of them made today. There are guys I wanted that they missed on who ended up getting stupid money. Arvidsson is the only one that is bugging me a bit as far as the UFA's go and I think Roy's AAV is solid as well.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Can so see him in an
Trying to figure out what's going on. Drury said he wanted to get younger. All these free agents are older. Everyone else using up their cap. Pinto requested a trade. Is there a more logical place for him to be traded that NYR?
Can so see him in an Isles jersey.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Why is that? NY is one of the premier destinations in the NHL, It's time that management used it to their advantage. We shouldn't have to pay more for someone to come to one of the most vibrant cities in the world
Easy to say from your couch in the Maritimes. Living in NYC or the surrounding areas is not for everyone. Guys with families don't always see the appeal.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
For all the bitching, no one in our division is noticeably better. Carolina shuffled deck chairs but is the same or slightly worse imo. The Rangers didn't get worse.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Lot of mixed emotions. Obviously glad NYR sat out of these horrible deals. Don’t need to add more dead weight.

On the other hand, I feel sick knowing Drury is about to hand Lindgren a long term deal and $12-13M to Igor.

Drury has done very little to indicate he is anything more than a replacement level GM. Dude clearly cannot close. Cannot win trades to save his life. Limited creativity.

He’s done some very good things. And I feel like he has a good pulse on team needs generally. He is good at identifying problems. He is big picture strategic.

But he just doesn’t seem like a closer. B/B+ level replacement GM.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
f*** this team. Its going to be the same
shit we saw with Hank years. Too high of an AAV for a goalie, underperforming vets, B level prospects. Drury sucks.

Look at the brightside: Shesty still didn't sign a contract that will hamstring the Rangers.

Boy, Trouba still a Ranger and Shesty signing a contract in the $12-14 mill range.

Lordy Lord! Light my fire...when I soak myself in kerosene.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
For all the bitching, no one in our division is noticeably better. Carolina shuffled deck chairs but is the same or slightly worse imo. The Rangers didn't get worse.
Maybe we didn't lose great players but we lost bodies. Goodrow, Ros, Wennberg, Gus, Trouba. That's 5 guys from game 6 vs Florida. Who is replacing them?

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I will again offer up Hockey Chat if you want notifications of anything that happens.

You can stay in the loop without reading all the steaming diarrhea in this thread.
Who are you there? I've been there for years apparently.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Washington is nearly 13 mil over the cap. That's more than 10% of the cap. They have 8 dmen under contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved one of them today.

They're obviously not moving any of the guys they added today. I can't see them moving Fehervary. Maybe TVR, but he doesn't make enough to get them under 10% overage. Would they trade Sandin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad