GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So now that reality is sinking in for many of you that all these d men are getting crazy money who are you all still suggesting is going to replace Lindgren in the top 4? Who's replacing trouba?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
You guys need to realize we are not a destination anymore. Guys don't want to deal with the org that constantly signs big, surrounds you with shit and then blames you and spits you out soon after. People see what happened to Goodrow and Trouba. McDonagh. Callahan. Lundqvist.

We should not have tried to move Trouba since it would be easier to do next year anyways and should have used Lindgren and another piece to get better on LD.

The Rangers don't really seem committed to anything other than the bare minimum to grab playoff gates for a few rounds, and that seems to be some of the players too.

Of course, I don't know shit. There is still time. It's a longer summer than July 1st. Maybe we make some trades. Who knows? I just know I'm kinda tired of being boring.

More Trochecks. More Lafs. More Rempes. Guys with personality. Do anything to win it guys.

Sather had the secret sauce to get FA's to NY. Now Sather is gone and Rangers couldn't even convince a 49 yr old Marek Malik to sign with them now. Gotta bring Glen back.

• Haha
Reactions: MrAlmost

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We have many holes that wont be filled at the trade deadline. People have the right to be concerned that we're going to roll out the same team/Defense. -Trouba.
Better to not load up this year, because these free agents aren’t meaningfully improving our odds, and wait for the next Eichel or Panarin, who WILL improve our odds.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
It's amazing this place bemoans lack of planning and instant gratification in terms of not sucking forever and getting full 7 year rebuilds, but planning ahead for the coming contract tsunami for Igor and Laf and Miller is somehow being asleep at the wheel.
yup i'm overjoyed to see this franchise getting set to overpay the goalie position for another decade...

Tell me what you've seen in Miller that you're confident to give him a major deal?

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
You guys need to realize we are not a destination anymore. Guys don't want to deal with the org that constantly signs big, surrounds you with shit and then blames you and spits you out soon after. People see what happened to Goodrow and Trouba. McDonagh. Callahan. Lundqvist.

We should not have tried to move Trouba since it would be easier to do next year anyways and should have used Lindgren and another piece to get better on LD.

The Rangers don't really seem committed to anything other than the bare minimum to grab playoff gates for a few rounds, and that seems to be some of the players too.

Of course, I don't know shit. There is still time. It's a longer summer than July 1st. Maybe we make some trades. Who knows? I just know I'm kinda tired of being boring.

More Trochecks. More Lafs. More Rempes. Guys with personality. Do anything to win it guys.

NY Rangers and MSG is one of the most sought after destinations among players and always will be.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Foegele is a fine player but I laughed last week when Dreger said he was coming off an "excellent" playoffs. 2 goals and 4 assists in 20 games. I dont think these guys even watch hockey at this point.

That's a great playoffs if the measuring stick is Kaapo Kakko's playoff performance.

• Haha
Reactions: McRanger92

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The big ticket guys are all gone. The Rangers do have Lafreniere, Miller and Shesterkin coming next year though so......

Pretty much dumpster diving time already.

I have friends who are Bruins fans. None of them like Grzelcyk. They would bitch about him all the time.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
yup i'm overjoyed to see this franchise getting set to overpay the goalie position for another decade...

Tell me what you've seen in Miller that you're confident to give him a major deal?
You have mistaken me for Chris Drury. I'm some guy with a chicken avatar.

I am probably the biggest K'Andre Miller detractor on the board, the club's already started but there's still a hole at Treasurer.

Reactions: NikC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad