Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
I think thisnteam will improve a lot compared to last yr. Maybe not playoffs but close to it. I remember watching korpisalo let the first flutter shot on net in so many games this yr and as a fan it was deflating i cant even imagine what it was like being a player.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Some names I would still consider in ranking.

Defence:

1. Shattenkirk - Vet RD. Averaged 30 points in about 15min of ice time. Perfect 3rd pairing puck moving vet dman to help Klevin with that transition to the NHL.

2. Tyson Barrie. Another vet RD that averaged about 30 point pace as well, may not be as good defensively as Shatt, but he played more with 18 min of ice time.

3. Oliver Kylington. More of a wild card, probably looking for more term but there is a bigger upside and a better skater than both Barrie and Shattenkirk as hes much younger than both.

Dark Horse unknown candidate - Gustav Lindstrom - 25 Year old RHD DFD, great at defending off the rush and is capable of moving the puck out. 3rd in remaining UFAs in +/- with +12, only behind Pavelski and Suter. Did it while playing for 2 bottom 5 teams in the league (MTL & ANA).

Maybe : Giordano, Suter

Forwards:

1. Nick Cousins - Exactly what we need, one of the better 4Cs in the past couple of years, had a down year. agitator, hard to play against and brings an identity to a 4th line that has severely been lacking since 2017. Will fit in perfectly with Crooker and Gregor. Exactly the type of player that new management seems to be drafting and acquiring.

2. Not sure if we can fit him on the 4th line but JVR. Still good defensively and produced at a 0.5P/PG clip with just 13:30 ice time.

3. Alex Nylander - Seems to have resurged during those 20 games with Colombus, could be a Tolvanen like situation for us. Not sure if he fits in our line up.

4. Tyler Johnson - Rough couple of years on a bottom feeder, playing above where he should be. Properly slotted in the bottom 6 instead, he could get back to his Tampa form.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Some names I would still consider in ranking.

Defence:

1. Shattenkirk - Vet RD. Averaged 30 points in about 15min of ice time. Perfect 3rd pairing puck moving vet dman to help Klevin with that transition to the NHL.

2. Tyson Barrie. Another vet RD that averaged about 30 point pace as well, may not be as good defensively as Shatt, but he played more with 18 min of ice time.

3. Oliver Kylington. More of a wild card, probably looking for more term but there is a bigger upside and a better skater than both Barrie and Shattenkirk as hes much younger than both.

Dark Horse unknown candidate - Gustav Lindstrom - 25 Year old RHD DFD, great at defending off the rush and is capable of moving the puck out. 3rd in remaining UFAs in +/- with +12, only behind Pavelski and Suter. Did it while playing for 2 bottom 5 teams in the league (MTL & ANA).

Maybe : Giordano, Suter

Forwards:

1. Nick Cousins - Exactly what we need, one of the better 4Cs in the past couple of years, had a down year. agitator, hard to play against and brings an identity to a 4th line that has severely been lacking since 2017. Will fit in perfectly with Crooker and Gregor. Exactly the type of player that new management seems to be drafting and acquiring.

2. Not sure if we can fit him on the 4th line but JVR. Still good defensively and produced at a 0.5P/PG clip with just 13:30 ice time.

3. Alex Nylander - Seems to have resurged during those 20 games with Colombus, could be a Tolvanen like situation for us. Not sure if he fits in our line up.

4. Tyler Johnson - Rough couple of years on a bottom feeder, playing above where he should be. Properly slotted in the bottom 6 instead, he could get back to his Tampa form.

No to Cousins he's an awful human being and regressed a ton in 2023-2024 anyways.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hard yes to Cousins. I'd rather have a team full of POS than have to play against them. He regressed last season but is still the best option left in free agency, especially for a team like the Sens who seem to value his play style.

Not a guy I'd have been gung ho about on July 1st, but with the market dried up he's the best bet to come in and anchor what looks like a pretty bad 4th line currently. Adding a guy with 57 playoff games in the last 5 years also can't hurt from a "adding vets and winners" perspective.

Reactions: h2 and Joeyjoejoe

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
So he wanted a one-way NHL contract?
I've heard the club wouldn't guarantee him a significant place on the team from the get go. Winnipeg seems to operate that way, they make their young talent earn their ice time and not just gift it to them, which also makes sense since they've always had established vets on the roster and few open spots every season. He'd have to outcompete someone to earn his. He didn't seem to like that. Sounded like he had entitlement issues.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Huge no to trading anything aside from Ostapchuk, Boucher and a 2nd for McGroarty, we just don't have any more assets to give up on an unproven talent.

I'd love to pry Jan Rutta out of SJS, but not sure what we could send back to San Jose to make it worth their while.

At this point, some FA signing for <$2 million is the best course of action. Shattenkirk, Suter, Scandella, Goligoski and DeAngelo are the only ones that could get that (in terms of market value). No to Suter and Goligoski because they skate like they have cement on their feet, no to Tony D because he's a dick. Shattenkirk and Scandella might be options.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That might actually work. It would be a good trade.

At first glance you wonder why the Flyers would ever entertain it after Boucher's struggles to even play hockey, let alone look like a future NHLer, but I still think his value around the league is probably a late 2nd/3rd considering what Jeannot went for.

Reactions: SensFactor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad