Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I do not doubt that one little bit. My son is starting French Immersion next year and I'm already questioning our decision given that I need to learn some too lol.
Ça va bien aller.

C'est une excellente décision!

Je te recommande fortement de regarder des bons films français (il n'y a que très peu de vrais bons films québécois, Le chat dans le sac mais c'est assez avant gardiste) avec des sous titres, tu vas en avoir pour des années!

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I know this won't be popular but maybe we offer John Klingberg a prove it contract and see if the old boy got some juice left in the tank.

If he doesn't we can rest assured he'll be sent down to the AHL or claimed by someone else potentially on waivers.

I don't really like having jbd or hammer as our options for the annual Chabot injury and whoever else ends up on the IR throughout the year.

We obviously are not going to get in on the remainder guys who are looking for top dollar, this is kind of an old school Dorion move taking a chance on this guy. Yes he's fallen from Grace but this guy's career is pretty well on the line at this point and he probably has a lot to prove.

he can't play

his hips are shot i thought

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ça va bien aller.

C'est une excellente décision!

Je te recommande fortement de regarder des bons films français (il n'y a que très peu de vrais bons films québécois, Le chat dans le sac mais c'est assez avant gardiste) avec des sous titres, tu vas en avoir pour des années!
I think it will be too. I figure worst case we're just flexing our brains a little more and getting out of our comfort zone.

Good suggestion on the films. We've been looking for some spotify learning stuff to start getting in to, but the visual combined seems like good practice.

After Zub and Jensen, JBD, Hamonic, and Guenette all had some NHL time last season.

On the Left side, below Kleven the options are more unknowns. They may be serviceable though, listed by Sens of Anarchy in a post above.
Gotcha. Makes sense. You're going deeper in to the depth, which makes sense as it will matter. For some reason I just went to the 3 main NHL guys and was thinking basically Jensen in was at least an upgrade.

Reactions: Dionysus

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I really appreciate that the plan from our GM this summer is "fill in holes and make unpopular moves to address needs" instead of "f*** it yolo, let's make moves the kids on social media like so I can save my job I had no business having in the first place"

This is my sentiment as well. Doing the hard work of tearing out a bunch of patchwork back to the studs.

The moves that need to be done to get this team shaped into complementary pieces that can be more than the sum of its part rather than less.

The job is to have a long-term vision and work towards it. Even if the moves aren't popular and splashy, or are cutting sunk costs where you lose a trade.

Refreshing change from the last regime, where there seemed to be no vision. Paint over the problems with a shiny new coat. Splashy moves that looked cool from afar, but didn't fit and ended up costing the team dearly. Ego driven moves over substance.

Hopefully the reshaping of the management, coaching, and now the roster starts to pay dividends this season.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I think it will be too. I figure worst case we're just flexing our brains a little more and getting out of our comfort zone.

Good suggestion on the films. We've been looking for some spotify learning stuff to start getting in to, but the visual combined seems like good practice.

Gotcha. Makes sense. You're going deeper in to the depth, which makes sense as it will matter. For some reason I just went to the 3 main NHL guys and was thinking basically Jensen in was at least an upgrade.

Makes sense. Mostly just seems a bit light on the LD with Chyc and Brannstrom out. Easier to add a serviceable LD in free agency, waivers, or trade though.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is my sentiment as well. Doing the hard work of tearing out a bunch of patchwork back to the studs.

The moves that need to be done to get this team shaped into complementary pieces that can be more than the sum of its part rather than less.

The job is to have a long-term vision and work towards it. Even if the moves aren't popular and splashy, or are cutting sunk costs where you lose a trade.

Refreshing change from the last regime, where there seemed to be no vision. Paint over the problems with a shiny new coat. Splashy moves that looked cool from afar, but didn't fit and ended up costing the team dearly. Ego driven moves over substance.

Hopefully the reshaping of the management, coaching, and now the roster starts to pay dividends this season.
And making the tough sometimes unpopular decisions to move that plan forward

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It’s like he followed the Detroit game plan from last off season.

Although I don’t like the trades (giving away assets) , the team is definitely improved top to bottom. The only thing to address would be the bottom pair rd.
But it should be an exciting year again.
Should be able to compete with anyone.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Makes sense. Mostly just seems a bit light on the LD with Chyc and Brannstrom out. Easier to add a serviceable LD in free agency, waivers, or trade though.
There are some lefties that have played on the right side listed as LD/RDs on the UFA list as well. I was wondering if they would go that route.

Dermott is an example. He's not great but he's serviceable.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Jack Johnson played for the Penguins in 2018-19 and 2019-20 and then with the Rangers in 2020-21. Jacques Martin was the assistant coach in all three seasons.

Robert Bortuzzo has played the majority of his career with the Blues. He has played 3 seasons with Mike Yeo as the assistant or head coach and he would be directly connected with Rob Dimaio.

The Sens should sign one or both.

• Love
Reactions: NB613

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I could see something like Sogaard for Kaliyev.

The Kings could use a goalie prospect who is closer to the NHL. Sogaard has never been great for us in his NHL stints, and he was drafted by the previous administration.

I'm unsure how common it is for organizations to carry 3 AHL goalies, but we recently signed Simpson to a 1-way AHL contract. That would give us Mandolese, Sogaard, and Simpson in the AHL. Merilainen would be in the ECHL since he is on his ELC and can be assigned there.

We don't really have many draft picks and we have been tied to Kaliyev. I assume he would sign a cheap 1 year deal to bridge him to arbitration in the context of enabling achange of scenery trade to an organization that he has a connection to (Staios from Hamilton).

If he signs 1 year 900k, that leaves us with money to go after a #5D and gives us another top 9 forward.

We can afford to give up Sogaard if the plan is to extend Ullmark. We would be better off with a more stable backup, and he is going to be blocked here with Ullmark still being young.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I had him on my 4th line possibility list

Roslovic, Clutterbuck, Cousins, Blais, Okposo, Motte,

I'd take a run at Roslovic
Our GM is familiar with this guy

1719966734165.jpeg

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I think that we're going to get a #5 D in a similar deal to the Joseph deal we made today, or the Faksa deal.

As in, we get a D for nothing or we get a small sweetener for taking their contract. The team that sends us the D takes JBD.

Edmonton has Kulak and Ceci. As much as people don't like Ceci, he would be fine slotted in at 18 minutes a night on the bottom pair.

Maybe Ethan Bear from Washington? He isn't coming off of a strong season, but played a big role in Edmonton when Staios was there. He is on an expiring cap hit at 2M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad