Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
idk, he exceeded expectations for the first two months, met them for a couple, then failed to meet them to finish off the year. Very up and down player,

I'd have held on to him if possible, as I like the depth he adds, but he wasn't getting top 6 time this year, and could see him being a very expensive 4th liner for much of the year.
It’s like people don’t remember Joseph from 2022/23

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
I prefer Amidio but I wouldn't pay a 3rd to make that upgrade. Certainly a strange decision.

The benefit of Amadio is he can also play C.

There's also something to be said for sake for the sake of change.

I think that's what Staios is doing.

He's limited by contracts in the top 6. But he wants a different vibe everywhere else.

I'd assume he got some good intelligence from Jacques about habits, work ethic, attitude, etc, that's gone into some of these moves.

Reactions: LiseL

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really, really bad trade, especially paired with the signings and seeing the deals yesterday, but it is what it is

Pretty much Chychrun and Joseph for Jensen, when it's all said and done

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Joseph is replaced by Amidio,

Here's how I see it

Tank -> Perron (bit of a downgrade)
Joseph -> Amidio (improvement imo)
Kastelic -> Ostapchuk (I like Ostapchuk better but there's risk)
Kelly -> Gregor (close)
Brannstrom -> Kleven (better fit)
Chychrun -> Jensen (better fit)
How is Amadio an improvement over Joseph? He's paid less, but he isn't a good PK, scores at a lesser rate than Joseph (even if Joseph finds a middle ground between last season and the year before), and doesn't have Joseph's speed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man staios did turn down first round picks for chychrun.

They could have just done that and then waited Washington out. They had to trade Jensen.

If we did pay the absolute premium of premiums for Jen’s Washington likely would have had to attach a pick to him to get rid of him right now lol

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How is Amadio an improvement over Joseph? He's paid less, but he isn't a good PK, scores at a lesser rate than Joseph (even if Joseph finds a middle ground between last season and the year before), and doesn't have Joseph's speed.
I think he's more appropriate in his role, more consistent too. Joseph piled up points getting thrust into top 6 mins he never should have gotten but the guy could be invisible a lot of the time.

Joseph had 18 goals in three years here (+8 in TbL), Amadio has 30 in his last two seasons.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Man staios did turn down first round picks for chychrun.

They could have just done that and then waited Washington out. They had to trade Jensen.

If we did pay the absolute premium of premiums for Jen’s Washington likely would have had to attach a pick to him to get rid of him right now lol

Where did you read that?

Have a hard time believing a 1st was ever on the table given what he went for.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised. Seems that after they missed out on some targets in FA, they shifted and acquired a RD using Chychrun.
They could have just offered way les all. Capitals are like 6 mil above the cap

I would be extremely disappointed if we passed up a 1st round pick for Jensen and a future 3rd.
Could have been 1st from someone else and Jensen from capitals for very little.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Where did you read that?

Have a hard time believing a 1st was ever on the table given what he went for.

On his podcast today, Dreger said that Staois was telling teams at the draft that he had a 1st and 2nd on the table for Chychrun. Dreger immediately cast doubt on that actually being the case.

Maybe he did. Maybe he was bluffing. Maybe he never said anything like that and Dreger's intel is wrong. We'll never know.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
On his podcast today, Dreger said that Staois was telling teams at the draft that he had a 1st and 2nd on the table for Chychrun. Dreger immediately cast doubt on that actually being the case.

Ok that makes more sense. Seems obvious he was just trying to get them to up their offers.

I imagine there were several teams offering a 2nd + a secondary piece like a 3rd or a C prospect, but I doubt any team was offering a 1st, let alone a 1st + 2nd.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Ok that makes more sense. Seems obvious he was just trying to get them to up their offers.

I imagine there were several teams offering a 2nd + a secondary piece like a 3rd or a C prospect, but I doubt any team was offering a 1st, let alone a 1st + 2nd.

Maybe he did have a later 1st on the table, and to Staois that 1st for Jensen plus a 3rd was a trade he'd make.

Knowing our desperation for a second pair RHD, you can see how Staois could talk himself into Jensen+3rd over the picks packages that might have been out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad