Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Joseph trade will definitely be quite bad.

Needed money so the trade makes sense, but he was one of the few guys worth the contract

Can see a future considerations type deal

It's hilarious to see teams pay a 2nd + for Tanner Jeannot and it costs picks to move an actual good 3rd liner

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
If they're paying to get rid of Joseph then they must not be done. Pinto obviously needs to be signed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have their eyes set on one more bottom 6 forward or a bottom pairing dman.

Reactions: LiseL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Plus he was one of the few guys who actually met or exceeded expectations.
idk, he exceeded expectations for the first two months, met them for a couple, then failed to meet them to finish off the year. Very up and down player,

I'd have held on to him if possible, as I like the depth he adds, but he wasn't getting top 6 time this year, and could see him being a very expensive 4th liner for much of the year.

Reactions: LiseL

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The speed hurts, but Perron should produce in line with his salary and will almost certainly outproduce Joseph as he has the last few years.

Could have kept Joseph, the pick it cost to dump him, and used the extra 1.05M in cap space to outbid Toronto/Winnipeg for Hakaanpa/Miller instead of trading for Perron.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The speed hurts, but Perron should produce in line with his salary and will almost certainly outproduce Joseph as he has the last few years.
Joseph is replaced by Amidio,

Here's how I see it

Tank -> Perron (bit of a downgrade)
Joseph -> Amidio (improvement imo)
Kastelic -> Ostapchuk (I like Ostapchuk better but there's risk)
Kelly -> Gregor (close)
Brannstrom -> Kleven (better fit)
Chychrun -> Jensen (better fit)

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Could have kept Joseph, the pick it cost to dump him, and used the extra 1.05M in cap space to outbid Toronto/Winnipeg for Hakaanpa/Miller instead of trading for Perron.
Could have ya.

I'm not really arguing for one direction over another, but in a bubble, I think Perron even at this stage of his career, is a better fit for this team than Joseph. The extra mil he costs is easily made up by his higher offensive production. I also think he'll be a calming presence on the 2nd PP unit.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Certainly seems odd to add a pick to move Joseph after giving Amadio (who I don’t see as an upgrade) a similar deal. Maybe there were issues in the room?

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Joseph is replaced by Amidio,

Here's how I see it

Tank -> Perron (bit of a downgrade)
Joseph -> Amidio (improvement imo)
Kastelic -> Ostapchuk (I like Ostapchuk better but there's risk)
Kelly -> Gregor (close)
Brannstrom -> Kleven (better fit)
Chychrun -> Jensen (better fit)
That's about how I see it too. Joseph/Perron comparisons were made which is what made me go there, but I agree with this assessment of who's replacing who.

I like the fits better overall. I'm hoping Steve has another body or two in mind.

Certainly seems odd to add a pick to move Joseph after giving Amadio (who I don’t see as an upgrade) a similar deal. Maybe there were issues in the room?
It has been implied by a few here that he was a bit of the party ring leader. No clue if there's any truth to that.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad