Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He got 1-way money near league minimum. People weren't exactly wrong if they thought he wasn't going to be a hot commodity. At that point, you're splitting hairs.
no one said he was a hot commodity. He sure as hell is better than hamonic at that price

i doubt he would have wanted to stick around here with how he was treated though

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Damn a bunch of pros decided to sign brannstrom. Y’all think you know better than them?

?

He’s making $900k not $2 million.
If we qualified him it would have had to be more than that… you would have spent $2.2 million on Brannstrom?
That would be ridiculous.

Reactions: LiseL

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
no one said he was a hot commodity. He sure as hell is better than hamonic at that price

i doubt he would have wanted to stick around here with how he was treated though
Like as has been said numerous times, he wasn’t available for 900k to the Sens.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Like as has been said numerous times, he wasn’t available for 900k to the Sens.
sure he was. Once we didn't qualify him we could have sent an offer of any amount to him. He just decided that elsewhere is better. I mean its the avalanche. They are a top organization in the league

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

How was he treated poorly? Seems like he was well like in the room, and he got plenty of opportunity with all the injuries.

I wish him the best, but there just wasn't room for him with Chabot and Sanderson ahead of him in the lineup. Even less while Chychrun was here.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brannstrom is a guy who will be decent in a 3rd pairing role for the Avs, but they'll probably want to look at replacing him at the deadline for a bigger D more suited for the playoffs.

Put another way, like a small soft scoring winger, he'll help you get to the playoffs but likely won't help much when he's there.

Would have been happy to re-sign him since we're not a guaranteed playoff team that can afford to pass up a perfectly good 5/6 D, but the relationship had probably soured after we didn't qualify him at 2M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad