Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well, yes a key injury or two to top players can change things. But, that’s so random, I can’t even begin to consider it at least right now.
I would expect it to happen to any particular team but I do expect it to happen to some teams. Whether it's a team ahead of us in the predicted standings or not, that's the question.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Same size as Girard, who won a Cup in the “big dmen only” playoffs.
Just wait till you see them next too each other; going to be about a 2 inch difference; Girard was out of the playoffs with a broken sturnum in the the first game of the 2nd round (you don't need to be big for the playoffs, just a counterpoint)

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Same size as Girard, who won a Cup in the “big dmen only” playoffs.

Girard only played in 7 playoff games the year Colorado won the cup (he got injured), and ended up being the only defenseman they had with a minus rating.

Their cup winning bottom 3 consisted of slow big boys Josh Manson, Erik Johnson and Jack Johnson.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
At $1M/yr, Branny would have been good protection for when Chabot gets hurt.

I'm sure we would have signed him for 900k a year, but that likely wasn't an option for us.

We were in a situation where we had to qualify him and risk paying him 2M+ through him accepting the offer or going to arbitration.

He had no incentive to entertain signing with us as a pending UFA on 1 year deal. His career clearly is not blossoming here. If he is going to get six figures from somewhere, it might as well be somewhere where he will have different opportunities than he had here.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Branny was one of my all time favourite players to meet. And he is a legit 5’ 7”

A legit 5'7" in today's world is an illegitimate 5'10".

5'7" is 5'4" or 5'5". 5'5" is 5'3". Once you get down to 5'3" there is no point in lying anymore, but still.

An illegitimate 5'10" is a legitimate 5'7".

We live in a pyramid of lies when it comes to height. Even if you think he is a legit 5'7", your perception of 5'7" might actually be of 5'5".

I should know, I'm 5'10". I hate dating apps.

Reactions: DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
A legit 5'7" in today's world is 5'10".

5'7" is 5'4" or 5'5".

An illegitimate 5'10" is a legitimate 5'7".

We live in a pyramid of lies when it comes to height. Even if you think he is a legit 5'7", your perception of 5'7" might actually be of 5'5".

I should know, I'm 5'10". I hate dating apps.

I always find it funny when some NBA profiles specify “legit X height without shoes”.

Who the heck is measuring with shoes?

Bileur is an interesting NBA prospect standing at a towering 8’2 (with stilts).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad