Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
- Ullmark is an improvement on Korpisalo
- Chychrun is better than Jensen offensively & will put up more pts
- Jensen is better defensively than Chychrun & harder to play against
- Perron will put up some pts & can go up & down the lineup
- Kleven will be hard to play against & tough in front of the net
- Pinto needs to be signed & is very good defensively
- Ostapchuk will be hard to play against & be tough all over the ice
- I expect that Amadio & Gregor will also be hard to play against & bring some SCup experience & be much better defensively.
Hoping that two rookies who have barely played in the nhl are the answers to adding toughness is just setting yourself up for disappointment

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Adding a #1 NHL goalie definitely improves the team on the defensive side of the game & hopefully we reduce the amount of times we let in the first goal & are chasing the game. If we can reduce the goals against that improves the team & is as important as scoring goals. Scoring 5 goals in a game is great, unless you allow 6 goals against.

Jensen is a good defensive defenceman & should help reduce the goals against & Kleven will be much harder to play against in front of our net. Gregor & Amadio bring Stanley Cup experience, are good defensively & will also be very hard to play against players, they will finish their checks. All in all we have improved defensively which was something they needed to do & that in itself should help the team be better overall.

Reactions: LiseL

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He doesn’t have to be to offset maybe the worst defensive player in the league last year. Competent Jensen is almost the same as going Korpisalo to Ulmark with respect to Chychrun.

He was atrociously bad.
we need much better than to 'offset' Chychrun. We need a good defensive defensemen who can stablize Chabot who has also shown to be atrocious defensively

I am willing to give Jensen a chance but I have my doubts. Also if we are running JBD/Hamonic again then that is rough

Last edited:

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Don't like how we've handicapped ourselves towards resigning Pinto. Was same last year signing Korpisalo before dealing Debrincat so we lost leverage in trading him (no cap to even sign him to 1 year deal). Don't mind Perron and Amadio signings but would be nice if they happened after locking up Pinto.
Think we still need a D too.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Don't like how we've handicapped ourselves towards resigning Pinto. Was same last year signing Korpisalo before dealing Debrincat so we lost leverage in trading him (no cap to even sign him to 1 year deal). Don't mind Perron and Amadio signings but would be nice if they happened after locking up Pinto.
joseph probably gone or some other move

agreed we need a bottom pair RD

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Only stutzle, Sanderson, pinto, and Greig are under 25 when the season starts and could be considered part of our core.

Tkachuk, batherson, Giroux, Norris, Chabot, zub, ullmark etc will all be 25 or older.

This team is pretty much in their prime.
25 dude. You and your likes are stuck on 25. It’s all good man, you invision a road to doom and will ride that train regardless so enjoy.

The reality is that our captain is 25. Most other people understand that him and the rest of the younger core of the team ar going to need a minute to grow.

Freak out by all means, but it’s tha same thing every year, and the guys who liked your post are the same dudes that freak out each year and think we need more Branstrom.

They don’t need to argue, come at me if we are a worse team next season and I’ll eat some crow if need be.m

Same shit every off season, the except this year we got guys to fill all holes.

Reactions: guyzeur

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I don't think we have done that.

We can sign him to a bridge deal at market value and still fill out the roster to 21+ bodies. Last year, we were going to have to give up assets to dump Joseph in order to sign him.

I do think we are in a situation where we want to clear out a bit more cap to add a #5 type defenseman and sign Pinto. But we're not up against the wall. They actually did a reasonably good job managing the cap given where they started this offseason.

Reactions: LiseL

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
How much does it realistically take to sign Pinto though, $5.5M/yr should do it, right? We have about $4.4M left under our cap. And we can bury up to $1,150,000 in the AHL. And we don't want to trade Joseph if we don't have to. So, sign Pinto to $4.40M + $1.15M = $5.55M/yr. Then:

- as usual someone will get hurt anyway (Norris, for example, or Chabot), so their cap hit goes to LTIR, so we good.

- if not (yay, a healthy team for once!), waive Forsberg. Either he clears waivers and you get the missing $1.15M cap hit, and you bring him back when someone gets hurt, or you lose him altogether and in this worse case scenario you have to rely on Sogaard as your backup.

So, as long as Pinto can sign at $5.55M/yr, I don't see an issue.

Is there anything I'm missing?

edit: Yes, I am missing the fact that Sogaard's salary will count against the cap once he's brought up to replace Forsberg... Damn.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Any word on EDM? They are over the cap now and from the roster it looks like Ceci is the odd man out.

Wonder what return the will get to dump him if needed.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
We need bottom pairing RD...but signing Pinto needs to happen asap...not much talent at RD left after day 1

Could be a LD as well. Have subtracted Chyc and Brannstrom, while penciling in a rookie in Kleven. On RD JBD, Hamonic, and Guenette. Not great options, but some depth. A guy like Nate Schmidt who can play both sides would be solid. Probably not enough cap to make it work though.

Reactions: SensFactor

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
25. Brady is 25.

I personally think you negative guys are blowing yourselves by not being realistic or patient with you opinions.

Its fine, someone always has to be on the forefront of ringing the alarm and complaining about stuff. You're in that group, and I’m in the other.

I see solid upgrades, not the home runs outside of goaltending, but hitting every need with what we can get. I see a better team already.

You seem to se the worst you can for whatever reason have taken you there.

You do you, be bummed, that’s on you. I like the moves, it’s not hard to see the benefits.

The person I quoted (might have been you) said the whole core was UNDER 25.

I then listed the players that were UNDER 25 when the season starts.

Saying that Tkachuk is 25 isn't a gotcha moment. That was my point. He's NOT playing a single more game under 25. He's in his prime. He's what he is. He's not like someone you give a pass to because he's young.

Saying he's 25 makes no sense as a reply to what I said.

Reactions: SENStastic

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
25 dude. You and your likes are stuck on 25. It’s all good man, you invision a road to doom and will ride that train regardless so enjoy.

The reality is that our captain is 25. Most other people understand that him and the rest of the younger core of the team ar going to need a minute to grow.

Freak out by all means, but it’s tha same thing every year, and the guys who liked your post are the same dudes that freak out each year and think we need more Branstrom.

They don’t need to argue, come at me if we are a worse team next season and I’ll eat some crow if need be.m

Same shit every off season, the except this year we got guys to fill all holes.

The poster I quoted used 25. So I went with what they said. Why would you think I'm obsessed with 25!? If anything, you're obsessed with me lol you responded the same post of mine twice with a weird outlandish response.

It's not my fault the poster spread misinformation so I corrected them. Why does me correcting wrong information get you into a weird frenzy where you go on a rant projecting against that poster.

It's weird that I have to explain myself twice to you that a poster said something wrong and I corrected them. The rest is pure projection on your part. Big rant for nothing.

Like for example, I said we needed to move on from brannstrom and not qualify him.

So your projecting is wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Always wrong.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well see, Boston and Toronto didn't start out being a bottom feeder and have good systems already in place so adding very good players to the mix seems like a safe bet for improvement. This seems like an obvious fact.

So because Boston was good and we were bad last year you're incapable of admitting an objectively better goalie is a significant improvement?

The logic doesn't really follow through. It's fine to think we didn't do enough to secure a playoff spot, I get that, but denying that the Ullmark acquisition is among the bigger improvements any team made this offseason just isn't being honest.

The rest of what we did was more refining the makeup of the team. That's harder to predict the impact of, I think we put the right tools in the coaches hands to make it work, but we'll need everyone to get on the same page.

Reactions: LiseL and Bileur

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Not sure if Lindholm is “meh", and they added both him and Zadorov. Bruins have been written off every summer for several years. I think they still have about $8 m of cap space so maybe they add more. They’ll need Swayman to play more games though. Some Bruin fans seem to think they have a young goalie in their system with some promise.
They have 8M to sign Swayman and they still need to find a way to dump Korpisalo, maybe a buyout if they have an arb case.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Upgrading Korpisalo to Ullmark is bigger than anything Boston or Toronto did on paper, it's quite literally going from one of the worst starters in the league to one of the better ones,
I think our goaltending and Boston’s centre positions were the worst deficiencies and both were addressed with high end replacements. Toronto shook up their D and it looks pretty good but I’ll need to see them under a new coach. I like Stolarz but can he play 50 games ?

I think Tampa has a worse roster than last year but a Vasi bounce back season should make up for that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think our goaltending and Boston’s centre positions were the worst deficiencies and both were addressed with high end replacements. Toronto shook up their D and it looks pretty good but I’ll need to see them under a new coach. I like Stolarz but can he play 50 games ?

I think Tampa has a worse roster than last year but a Vasi bounce back season should make up for that.
I think Tampa is a much better team.

Moser, McD and Guentzel is a definite upgrade over Stammer and Sergachev, especially 34 games of Sergachev.

Reactions: HSF and Icelevel

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well see, Boston and Toronto didn't start out being a bottom feeder and have good systems already in place so adding very good players to the mix seems like a safe bet for improvement. This seems like an obvious fact.
Toronto changed the coaching staff. Let’s wait and see how they adjust to a new system.

Boston was not a good defensive team last year but they addressed a lot of issues with Zadorov and Lindholm.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Hoping that two rookies who have barely played in the nhl are the answers to adding toughness is just setting yourself up for disappointment
Is that it? All of you are afraid to be disappointed?
In the final analysis you don't care about Jensen it's because you were so excited with some trades like DBC and Chychrun that didn't turn out well. Now you raise your walls to protect your emotions with stuff like "we're not going to be good" "other teams got better" "and turning someone arguments into ridicule" so that you're not disappointed.

What about the team will play with more confidence with better goaltending, team will have a better start then previous years, PK will be better, team will get more looser pts, young players will be better, will give us momentum, etc... Nah, impossible!!

We won't need prime Phillips to be better.

We understand what you're saying but the game is played on the ice and if they have a miserable season then so be it we'll still be hopeful for next season.

That's how I and others see the team/life.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I’m not as high on Guentzel as most and they still have RD issues.
At minimum I think it's safe to assume he's a 40g-40a guy on Tampa's top line, at worst a Stamkos replacement playing with Kucherov and Point; their right side is definitely an issue, but they improved their left side by a gigantic margin. They went from:

Hedman
34 games of Sergachev
de Haan/Fleury
Lilliberg

to

Hedman
McD/Moser
McD/Moser

That's a gigantic improvement

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad