Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Given where the Sens are at, how crazy would this be:

Pinto + JBD to Utah
For
McBain, Kesselring, Douglas, and Soderstrom

Utah would benefit from Pinto moving into a 2C role immediately. JBD fills Kesselrings spot (well, may 65% of it...).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Well now the rookie self hired GM knows Ottawa can’t go into FA guns blazing shot for shot with the American teams.

Someone should have told him this and he should have gotten his house in order 6 months ago
You don't think he went in to it knowing this?

Sending out offers doesn't mean he didn't know and I would prefer he at least put it out there.

Don't see how it held them back. If they had a good deal on the table for Chychrun previously, they would have taken it.

Reactions: LiseL

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
You sound like a whiny baby that doesn't get your way.

Ullmark didn't say anything of the sort but sure..

Green wasn't my 1st choice but nothing is worse than DJ.

Pinto hasn't requested a trade. It's typical agent tactics to try and get a better deal.
First statement is moronic, dont make it personal, I'm stating the facts after years of crushed hopes and broken promises. Ullmark did in fact state that publicly, look it up. Not sure about Pinto situation but its not looking good either. What do you think the chances are that Brady asks out if we finish bottom 10 again next year? Cause I honestly wouldnt even blame him at that point.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I see a lot of dismay on this board about the moves today. Aside from Pinto bullshit which will hopefully resolve after some agent driven posturing is complete, I quite like all these moves today. Not spectacular, but hopefully solid and stabilizing.

Aside from Ullmark, We didn’t go hunting for big names. Look how that’s worked out for us previously (Giroux excepted).

The guys coming in have all won, understand their roles, and bring some vet experience. We won’t have to worry about who gets to play on pp1 etc., or anyone feeling slighted or forced to play second fiddle. No debrincat nonsense. No chychrun playing for personal aims (avoiding injury, which I assume is why a jacked athlete would play flyby one handed defense the way he did, allergic to physical play).

Our skilled star core get to be elevated while new depth are likely to be effective in support and secondary roles. I think the makeup of the team is going to be more effective.

The management team has done exactly what they set out to do and said they would.

It’s the off season, so optimism abounds. I’m giving steady Steve a solid B+ to A-.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Man wtf is this clown show? Are we actually gonna end up even worse than last year? Is that even possible? Goalie position is the only upgrade and that is most likely a temp rental. We're literally just trying to plug in temporary fillers and not building towards anything substantive for the long term.

You are f***ing high if you think todays roster isn’t better than last years.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Detroit finished with 13 points more than we did last season, narrowly missing the playoffs. They also have more depth than we do as it stands.

Greig is not a top-6 player yet, might never be. Pinto is great but could get shipped out any minute now and if not, could be forced into the #2C role if Norris goes down again. Sure, Perron can fill in on the 2nd line but if he's there all season that's a big OOF.

You better hope Chabot stays healthy if you want those 20+ minutes a night of offensive D. If he's out, we literally have no one to take his spot, even temporarily.

So sorry to be realistically assessing where the team is at.
So you are basically saying if everything goes wrong we might have a long season.

Thanks Tips.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
After giving Amadio/Perron 6.600, how in the hell are we going to fit Pinto under the cap?
It seems like he may very well get traded - and even then - for what? No one we get in return makes the peanuts we can afford.

FFS

1719859839832.png

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well his comment about not building anything isn’t false.

Are we better than last year? Yes because of Ullmark.

Are we any better set up for the future? If Ullmark signs long term yes. And if pinto leaves? I think that’s a wash. We need draft pick to start HITTING and hitting BIG

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I’m happy with the day’s business. Nice moves to make the team better in several spots, which is the job. We have to operate within the confines of players who actually want to come to Ottawa as UFAs, we all know that we aren’t in on every player like many teams can be.

Doom and gloom is to be expected in here after the draft and after FA starts, every single year no matter who is in charge. Its just the ways it’s always been. Most of these folks mellow out over the following days, it’s all good.

Best to switch gears and get outside. It’s good for the soul to try and have a blast on a sunny day, as opposed to moping online. On that note, it’s 11:30, time to get things going.

Have a great Canada Day to all who celebrate it!
Yeah, it is easy to take the pessimistic route and bitch & moan at the moves that have been made so far by Staois & Company.

For me, I am trying to stay positive, and I do think that they have effectively checked a lot of the boxes that we have been talking about for what seems like at least the last 6 months:

1. New Coach (Greeen)
  2. New #1 Goalie (Ullmark)
  3. Top 4 RHD (Jensen)
  4. Add a couple of veterans in the top 9 (Perron, Amadio)
  5. Draft a potential top 4 RHD (Yak)
I trust that they will get the Pinto deal done and maybe add another veteran 3rd pairing D and/or 4th liner.

You can certainly argue about who they brought in each of these 5 needed elements, but you can't argue that they have not completed the job they set out to do.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Detroit finished with 13 points more than we did last season, narrowly missing the playoffs. They also have more depth than we do as it stands.

Greig is not a top-6 player yet, might never be. Pinto is great but could get shipped out any minute now and if not, could be forced into the #2C role if Norris goes down again. Sure, Perron can fill in on the 2nd line but if he's there all season that's a big OOF.

You better hope Chabot stays healthy if you want those 20+ minutes a night of offensive D. If he's out, we literally have no one to take his spot, even temporarily.

So sorry to be realistically assessing where the team is at.
If Ullmark plays like Ullmark I’m not worried about those 13 points we will be in the mix for the playoffs.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I view it as pretty much the same, but that really depends on Norris and Pinto. If they're not on the roster, then it's definitely worse and I'm not counting on Ullmark sticking long term. If he doesn't sign an extension by TDL he's gone too.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Dude the coaching hire is trash, Ullmark already stated he doesn't want to have any extension talks and play out the season, after the Dbc debacle we know what most likely that means. Pinto requested a trade apparently. Jensen is horrible return and even then he's a 33yr old signed for 2 years, thats not building for any future runs, its a temp plug and likely to end up just as good as Hamonic's addition. What are you talking about?

Coaching hire is trash? but…you don’t know f*** all about coaching, so there is that.

Pinto requested a trade “apparently”.
so you don’t know if he’s requested a trade? I’ll say he hasn’t asked for a trade because I have exactly the same if not more evidence than you for my position.

Uhlmann may very well sign here, and has not said he will not sign an extension.

Jensen is a horrible return you say, but yet he’s still better than Chychrun defensively. The return looks comparatively horrible because we set the bar at the idiotic amount Dorion paid for him.
Also you evaluating Jensen as a Hamonic level player has as much credence as your coaching evaluation.

What are you talking about exactly?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Are you for f***ing real?

Dorion f***ed this organization to the point of parody.
Hes the one who put us himself and Staios in the f***ing conundrum with no simple way out. Years of f***ing us and the org. and you’re “hahaha see we’re still f***ed with Staios and it’s Staios’ fault!!” as if you’ve made some sort of point.

So f***ing bizarre.
Yes, it's definitely Dorion's fault that Staios signed Perron and left himself no room to sign Pinto. LOL

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I view it as pretty much the same, but that really depends on Norris and Pinto. If they're not on the roster, then it's definitely worse and I'm not counting on Ullmark sticking long term. If he doesn't sign an extension by TDL he's gone too.
We swapped out the worst starter in the league for the Vezina winner 2 years ago with a career .918 save %. That alone is massive.
Yes, it's definitely Dorion's fault that Staios signed Perron and left himself no room to sign Pinto. LOL
Dude, who cares? Dorion was a terrible GM and was shown the door. We're all better off for it.
You guys are underestimating the difference Ullmark alone makes.

Going from .890% goaltending to .915% goaltending is pretty huge.
Seriously. Korpisalo was like a boat anchor holding the ship in the shitter. I have a ton of confidence we actually have a good one instead of a guy that had proven many times already he's not a starter. If this team can actually have some confidence in their goaltending, that will be huge.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So you are basically saying if everything goes wrong we might have a long season.

Thanks Tips.

Getting real tired of your insults dude. Grow tf up.

That aside, stating that Norris and Chabot's health status is iffy, especially the former, is not being overly pessimistic at this point whatsoever, and Pinto's contract is very much still up in the air. This is a real thing, not my opinion.

Nothing else I said is remotely irrational. If you want to ignore the negative that's your choice.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
After giving Amadio/Perron 6.600, how in the hell are we going to fit Pinto under the cap?
It seems like he may very well get traded - and even then - for what? No one we get in return makes the peanuts we can afford.

FFS

View attachment 890829

They have a few options, depending on what the number is for Pinto. They can go with 12 forwards (subtract $775K for Crookshank, or $835 if it's MacEwen going down). If they need more space, they can try to move Joseph. And then there's the unknown with Norris's LTIR status.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Getting real tired of your insults dude. Grow tf up.

That aside, stating that Norris and Chabot's health status is iffy, especially the former, is not being overly pessimistic at this point whatsoever, and Pinto's contract is very much still up in the air. This is a real thing, not my opinion.

Nothing else I said is remotely irrational. If you want to ignore the negative that's your choice.
There's just no solution to that though. The team has no choice but to roll forward with those 2 and hope for the best.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I am trying to be positive

Ullmark, stud #1 goalie which was really, really needed ever since we lost Andy

Chychrun, never fit here, sadly, and we didnt need a LD to begin with. The price we paid and price we sold him for shows PD’s absolutely awful GM skills, which is why it always makes me laugh when people say « you think you know more than a pro GM » well actually yeah but thats another discussion.

If it was my call, Id have dealt Chabot, but I assume his value is even worse. Its gonna be interesting to see next year if he can stay healthy, cause we could be in for a long season with a couple injuries. Think of him and Norris.

Pinto situation shouldnt be this complicated when you’re giving David Perron 4M a year IMO.

Jensen, I honestly like him, solid player, but 34 years old and lets not act like his best years are ahead of him. Then again, hard to judge Staios compared to a price Dorion paid.

Amadio is fine but I honestly cannot stand having McEwen on the 4th and Hamonic anywhere on the roster.

So far, not that impressed by Staios aside from the Ullmark move.

We’ll see on the ice

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Coaching hire is trash? but…you don’t know f*** all about coaching, so there is that.

Pinto requested a trade “apparently”.
so you don’t know if he’s requested a trade? I’ll say he hasn’t asked for a trade because I have exactly the same if not more evidence than you for my position.

Uhlmann may very well sign here, and has not said he will not sign an extension.

Jensen is a horrible return you say, but yet he’s still better than Chychrun defensively. The return looks comparatively horrible because we set the bar at the idiotic amount Dorion paid for him.
Also you evaluating Jensen as a Hamonic level player has as much credence as your coaching evaluation.

What are you talking about exactly?
lol ok so apparently we're living in two different realities it seems.. I just don't agree with any of that aside from Jenzen being a better defender for the time being, but that's a temporary plug rn. And I didn't say Hamonis and Jenzen are the same kind players, I'm saying he's at the end of his career and his play will fall off quickly just like Hamonic did after his first year here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad