Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
You're just gonna ignore the lack of a scoring top-6 winger, a failing #2C, and the current 3rd D pairing consisting of frikkin' Travis Hamonic and JBD uh? Yes, Perron and Amadio come in, but do they really offset those issues? Not bloody likely.

It's not like we have the cap space to improve on any of those positions either. This is likely it for us. So yeah, perhaps on paper it's a slight improvement globally, but there are way too many question marks to call this team any sort of a playoff contender.

This is already shaping up to be a completely different team via the backend. 1 more year of development for Sanderson, and if they get their Edmundson-type, along with Jensen, we've completely changed the complexion of our D-core by adding size and some grit, and giving Chabot what should be the closest thing he has had to his "Methot". Add in a Vezina goalie, and that's at least a start.

Up front, the team hasn't changed as much because there is only so much they can do without digging into the core. They have started the process of trying to get "harder to play against" or get veterans with a different mentality in some of the forward spots.

There is also a completely different coaching staff as well.

I'm not saying the team has improved on paper in an EA Sports combine the overall of all of our players sense, but in terms of how locked up the roster was by Dorion, how little cap flexibility there was, and how few assets Staios had to work with, he has changed the roster dramatically in one off season. Although, mostly the backend.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What are you on? Goaltending is a massive upgrade. Coaching upgraded. Bottom 6 upgraded. Jensen is a much better fit than Chycrun so defense also upgraded. Sign Ullmark and Pinto and it's a very solid off season.
Ullmark is not going to stay, he'll have better options elsewhere.

Jensen and Perron are old and slow, they fit but they suck.

Reactions: Sensators

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Our Power Couple 💪

59jVmsy.png
Next to Claire I look like Bruce! Definition of out-chicked haha

(To my wife - I love you honey and you are beautiful!)

I’m out-chicked with my wife as well come to think about it…

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You're just gonna ignore the lack of a scoring top-6 winger, a failing #2C, and the current 3rd D pairing consisting of frikkin' Travis Hamonic and JBD uh? Yes, Perron and Amadio come in, but do they really offset those issues? Not bloody likely.

It's not like we have the cap space to improve on any of those positions either. This is likely it for us. So yeah, perhaps on paper it's a slight improvement globally, but there are way too many question marks to call this team any sort of a playoff contender.
It was never all going to be fixed in a day. I don't think they're done, but we'll see. And cap space is an issue so there's no miracles. Making the best of it, but I'm not arguing they're great, just better than a week ago imo.

I think Perron and Amadio can bring some secondary scoring. Not sure they were in the market for a top 6 scoring winger, but that and 3rd pair D is the two areas still lacking imo. That could be solved if Norris can be healthy and play.

Hamonic is a press box emergency spot starter only imo, so he's a non concern. He will get jumped by Belleville guys for anything but injury. JBD isn't ideal and I think they still make a move there, but certainly the 3rd D pairing is my biggest concern left.

I just don't think people are giving enough credit to swapping Ullmark for Korpisalo. We're going from a bad backup to a real starter. I am confident that will pay massive dividends in many ways for the team to have a guy they can actually believe in. Was priority # 1 imo heading in to the offseason.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

was never going to be fixed in the first off season, I said it would take 2-3 years.
It’s on you if you thought, with the cap it could be fixed in one season.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Okay, Chicken Little.

The Sens have Greig, Pinto, or Perron as top 6 options right now, if no one else is brought in.

With Sanderson and Chabot there's 40+ minutes a night of offence coming from the D.

Can't beat Detroit with this lineup? Ha. That's hilariously pessimistic.

Detroit finished with 13 points more than we did last season, narrowly missing the playoffs. They also have more depth than we do as it stands.

Greig is not a top-6 player yet, might never be. Pinto is great but could get shipped out any minute now and if not, could be forced into the #2C role if Norris goes down again. Sure, Perron can fill in on the 2nd line but if he's there all season that's a big OOF.

You better hope Chabot stays healthy if you want those 20+ minutes a night of offensive D. If he's out, we literally have no one to take his spot, even temporarily.

So sorry to be realistically assessing where the team is at.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Are you for f***ing real?

Dorion f***ed this organization to the point of parody.
Hes the one who put us himself and Staios in the f***ing conundrum with no simple way out. Years of f***ing us and the org. and you’re “hahaha see we’re still f***ed with Staios and it’s Staios’ fault!!” as if you’ve made some sort of point.

So f***ing bizarre.
Its an almost comical schtick that has been beat to the point of annoyance. Will be my third on ignore if the posting frequency is back up.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
What are you on? Goaltending is a massive upgrade. Coaching upgraded. Bottom 6 upgraded. Jensen is a much better fit than Chycrun so defense also upgraded. Sign Ullmark and Pinto and it's a very solid off season.
Dude the coaching hire is trash, Ullmark already stated he doesn't want to have any extension talks and play out the season, after the Dbc debacle we know what most likely that means. Pinto requested a trade apparently. Jensen is horrible return and even then he's a 33yr old signed for 2 years, thats not building for any future runs, its a temp plug and likely to end up just as good as Hamonic's addition. What are you talking about?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ullmark is not going to stay, he'll have better options elsewhere.

Jensen and Perron are old and slow, they fit but they suck.
You don't know if Ullmark will stay or not. And Perron and Jensen suck?? So you just have already made up your mind to be negative no matter who we sign.. Got it.

Team is better now than they were last year that's for sure.

Reactions: LiseL

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m happy with the day’s business. Nice moves to make the team better in several spots, which is the job. We have to operate within the confines of players who actually want to come to Ottawa as UFAs, we all know that we aren’t in on every player like many teams can be.

Doom and gloom is to be expected in here after the draft and after FA starts, every single year no matter who is in charge. Its just the ways it’s always been. Most of these folks mellow out over the following days, it’s all good.

Best to switch gears and get outside. It’s good for the soul to try and have a blast on a sunny day, as opposed to moping online. On that note, it’s 11:30, time to get things going.

Have a great Canada Day to all who celebrate it!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Dude the coaching hire is trash, Ullmark already stated he doesn't want to have any extension talks and play out the season, after the Dbc debacle we know what most likely that means. Pinto requested a trade apparently. Jensen is horrible return and even then he's a 33yr old signed for 2 years, thats not building for any future runs, its a temp plug and likely to end up just as good as Hamonic's addition. What are you talking about?
You sound like a whiny baby that doesn't get your way.

Ullmark didn't say anything of the sort but sure..

Green wasn't my 1st choice but nothing is worse than DJ.

Pinto hasn't requested a trade. It's typical agent tactics to try and get a better deal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
was never going to be fixed in the first off season, I said it would take 2-3 years.
It’s on you if you thought, with the cap it could be fixed in one season.

Lol how is me properly assessing the current state of our team on me?

There's an expectation for us to be contending for the playoffs, and if you think this fanbase will patiently wait another 3 years to make it, you're out to lunch. And how do you expect to keep this core in place if we keep threading water for this long? Tkachuk might want out, and Giroux will be gone by then.

No doubt Dorion f***ed us, but Staios will need to do much better than this if he wants the franchise to ever succeed.

Reactions: SENStastic

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You don't know if Ullmark will stay or not. And Perron and Jensen suck?? So you just have already made up your mind to be negative no matter who we sign.. Got it.

Team is better now than they were last year that's for sure.
No kidding. Ullmark seemed pretty mature in his response and open to it to me.

Jensen is a pretty decent skater and is only turning 34 the month camp opens. It's not like he's a corpse. Tanev was pretty desired and is almost a full year older and we didn't have to sign up for 6 years.

Perron may have slowed down, but he's a savvy vet and has adjusted his game over the years. He'll be fine. And again, short term only.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is already shaping up to be a completely different team via the backend. 1 more year of development for Sanderson, and if they get their Edmundson-type, along with Jensen, we've completely changed the complexion of our D-core by adding size and some grit, and giving Chabot what should be the closest thing he has had to his "Methot". Add in a Vezina goalie, and that's at least a start.

Up front, the team hasn't changed as much because there is only so much they can do without digging into the core. They have started the process of trying to get "harder to play against" or get veterans with a different mentality in some of the forward spots.

There is also a completely different coaching staff as well.

I'm not saying the team has improved on paper in an EA Sports combine the overall of all of our players sense, but in terms of how locked up the roster was by Dorion, how little cap flexibility there was, and how few assets Staios had to work with, he has changed the roster dramatically in one off season. Although, mostly the backend.
Rationale vs EMO .. hard to win these

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol how is me properly assessing the current state of our team on me?

There's an expectation for us to be contending for the playoffs, and if you think this fanbase will patiently wait another 3 years to make it, you're out to lunch. And how do you expect to keep this core in place if we keep threading water for this long? Tkachuk might want out, and Giroux will be gone by then.

No doubt Dorion f***ed us, but Staios will need to do much better than this if he wants the franchise to ever succeed.
Fwiw, Bruce did say that he was out there big game hunting and named Roy, Tanev, Pesce, etc., but nobody wanted to dance with Steve. Tough spot.

Reactions: LiseL

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Fwiw, Bruce did say that he was out there big game hunting and named Roy, Tanev, Pesce, etc., but nobody wanted to dance with Steve. Tough spot.
Well now the rookie self hired GM knows Ottawa can’t go into FA guns blazing shot for shot with the American teams.

Someone should have told him this and he should have gotten his house in order 6 months ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad