Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What a total FAIL

Optimism crushed.
Even with Ullmark addition. Now I’m not sure that he’ll want to stay.
Terrible start Steve.

Yeah all in all this is a very discouraging off-season. We don't have any real depth still, and no actual injection of talent save for Perron who let's face it, is a 3rd liner at this stage of his career. We might even lose Pinto which would take us back a step or two. Ugh.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is the golden goose though, not some small thing. We massively upgraded our goaltending from league worst last year Mr. Korpisalo and no longer have his contract hamstringing the team.

Unless the team improves their systems drastically, I'm not sure goaltending will bring us anywhere closer to the playoffs. Our top-6 is missing a winger and Norris is likely to either get re-injured or look like a shade of himself after so many shoulder injuries/surgeries, and we have very little offense coming from the D now with Chych leaving.

I'm not seeing how we can beat the like of TO, BOS, TB, FLO or even DET with this lineup, Ullmark or no Ullmark.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Unless the team improves their systems drastically, I'm not sure goaltending will bring us anywhere closer to the playoffs. Our top-6 is missing a winger and Norris is likely to either get re-injured or look like a shade of himself after so many shoulder injuries/surgeries, and we have very little offense coming from the D now with Chych leaving.

I'm not seeing how we can beat the like of TO, BOS, TB, FLO or even DET with this lineup, Ullmark or no Ullmark.
Ullmark is a massive upgrade on Korpisalo. There's no argument. Korpisalo was one of the worst goaltenders in the league and his resume backs that up as more of his norm than anything. He is swiss cheese compared to Ullmarks numbers all throughout his career. People call Ottawa a goalie graveyard because we bring in backups that falter. This is the first guy we've brought in in a long time with a starters resume. Also comes off as a leader type personality unlike most goalies.

Jensen is an upgrade on all but Chabot, Sandy & Zub. Fills position of need and Sandy/Chabot can be the offensive guys.

Perron is a useful middle 6er on a short term deal.

Amadio is an upgrade for the 3rd line.

Gregor plugs a hole and brings speed to the 4th line.

All short term vets that are mostly free wallets and not damaging the cap long term. Hopefully Ullmark re-signs and the Pinto situation gets resolved. Other teams improved and it absolutely sucks that none of the big guys wanted to dance with us in FA, but I see no argument the team isn't better today than a week ago and SS made the best out of a tough situation. I do hope a change or two is still in the cards.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Even more perplexing: who's gonna PK? If we consider the personnel leaving and the ones replacing them, it's almost like we've only really subtracted from a PK that was already a giant pile of dog shit last year.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The moves made are pointing in the right direction but we remain a total joke, It was impossible for Staios to fix all the leaks Dorion left him, in one offseason.

Small comfort in that the moves made make sense, but we need another two or three off seasons like this before we are out the red.

The question is how long until we have to start a real rebuild that isn't led by the biggest moron to ever be an NHL GM. Brady is going to want out soon, Ullmark likely doesn't stay... The clock is ticking....

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I'm sure people will be as kind to Staios as they were to Dorion for this conundrum.

Atleast Dorion signed Tarasenko instead of Perron.

Are you for f***ing real?

Dorion f***ed this organization to the point of parody.
Hes the one who put us himself and Staios in the f***ing conundrum with no simple way out. Years of f***ing us and the org. and you’re “hahaha see we’re still f***ed with Staios and it’s Staios’ fault!!” as if you’ve made some sort of point.

So f***ing bizarre.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Okay, Chicken Little.

The Sens have Greig, Pinto, or Perron as top 6 options right now, if no one else is brought in.

With Sanderson and Chabot there's 40+ minutes a night of offence coming from the D.

Can't beat Detroit with this lineup? Ha. That's hilariously pessimistic.

Reactions: NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What a total FAIL

Optimism crushed.
Even with Ullmark addition. Now I’m not sure that he’ll want to stay.
Terrible start Steve.
I don't agree that its that bad. If you bundle the draft .. I might be more in agreement
Got a RD that can defend at a reasonable price w 2 years left
Added a decent depth bottom 6er with versatility.
Got their veteran forward that can contribute.
Not perfect but not crushing.

They don't have a lot of $ to play with obviously
I would have preferred a couple other players .. We needed to move Chychrun... and it does not look like there were a lot of takers.
Perron 2x4 .. well not my choice but he is the type they were looking for
Amadaio I like.
Gregor .. fine

Reactions: Arogie and senswon

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Still option to sign Jani Hakanpaa, Vincent Desharnais or Robert Bortuzzo on defense, as well as Corey Perry, Zemgus Girgensons, Kyle Okoposo, Cal Clutterbuck, Matt Martin, Sammy Blais and Brett Leason for forwards.

Reactions: gab6511

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ullmark is a massive upgrade on Korpisalo. There's no argument. Korpisalo was one of the worst goaltenders in the league and his resume backs that up as more of his norm than anything. He is swiss cheese compared to Ullmarks numbers all throughout his career. People call Ottawa a goalie graveyard because we bring in backups that falter. This is the first guy we've brought in in a long time with a starters resume. Also comes off as a leader type personality unlike most goalies.

Jensen is an upgrade on all but Chabot, Sandy & Zub. Fills position of need and Sandy/Chabot can be the offensive guys.

Perron is a useful middle 6er on a short term deal.

Amadio is an upgrade for the 3rd line.

Gregor plugs a hole and brings speed to the 4th line.

All short term vets that are mostly free wallets and not damaging the cap long term. Hopefully Ullmark re-signs and the Pinto situation gets resolved. Other teams improved and it absolutely sucks that none of the big guys wanted to dance with us in FA, but I see no argument the team isn't better today than a week ago and SS made the best out of a tough situation. I do hope a change or two is still in the cards.

You're just gonna ignore the lack of a scoring top-6 winger, a failing #2C, and the current 3rd D pairing consisting of frikkin' Travis Hamonic and JBD uh? Yes, Perron and Amadio come in, but do they really offset those issues? Not bloody likely.

It's not like we have the cap space to improve on any of those positions either. This is likely it for us. So yeah, perhaps on paper it's a slight improvement globally, but there are way too many question marks to call this team any sort of a playoff contender.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I think our only other add is going to be a luxury bottom pairing D.

Which by process of elimination means that someone with cap has to go. Assuming Forsberg is not moving because he was part of the pitch to Ullmark, and just going by players who are actually on trade boards, or leaking trade requests to Garrioch, that means either Pinto or Joseph have to be traded. All 3 of Pinto, Joseph, or a #5D likely come in at around 3M each.

Who is a physical big bodied #5D who might be available in a swap for Joseph? Or, might be available as a UFA signing if we can trade Joseph somewhere without cap coming back?

Or, who is a top young defenseman who is cost controlled (ELC or RFA) and of comparable value to Pinto?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
chychrun return was a little underwhelming but overall the moves make sense which is almost concerning as a sens fan. The one thing i would say is that the 800ish k cap room we would have gotten from a hamonic buyout would be huge right now.

Im assuming the plan is to play kleven next year in which case i want us to upgrade on JBD. We probably need to move Joseph too unless pinto takes a 2 year bridge.

as of right now
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Perron-Norris-Batherson
Greig-XXXX-Joseph
Crookshank-Gregor-Amadio

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-JBD
Hamonic

Ullmark
Forsberg

If pinto takes less than 3.3 on the bridge we can run that. If he presses for more, Joseph has to go. Joseph probably has to be traded either way because i really do not like that 3rd pairing.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Man wtf is this clown show? Are we actually gonna end up even worse than last year? Is that even possible? Goalie position is the only upgrade and that is most likely a temp rental. We're literally just trying to plug in temporary fillers and not building towards anything substantive for the long term.

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
hahaha for the people hoping for playoff next season it's going to be harder then this season for sure. Only improvement we did is having an actual N.1 Goalie in Ulmark which is a big improvement.*++*
But other then that defense is still meh even with Jensen in and Chyc out ( Chyc was horrible in defense zone but his offense was really good with us) so I think the impact is not that big. *=*
David Perron is an okay third liner at this point but Taresenko two way play was way better at 5 millions. Plus I see Joseph as much useful as perron at this point with a better cap hit. *Small -*
Amadio is a nice that we didn't have so that a plus * +*
We still lack a top 6 winger, one with actual talent or playmaking...
And tough bottom 3/4 winger that can hit and fight when needed.

On top of that if Norris is meh or play half season or less again another hole there.
All this assuming Pinto stay on the team or play start of the season.
Guess it's fun to be a Sens fan/player lol
Bottom 10 here we go again !!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Man wtf is this clown show? Are we actually gonna end up even worse than last year? Is that even possible? Goalie position is the only upgrade and that is most likely a temp rental. We're literally just trying to plug in temporary fillers and not building towards anything substantive for the long term.
What are you on? Goaltending is a massive upgrade. Coaching upgraded. Bottom 6 upgraded. Jensen is a much better fit than Chycrun so defense also upgraded. Sign Ullmark and Pinto and it's a very solid off season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Staios inherited a shit team with no picks and no prospects.

He never had a chance. Not for this offseason.

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad