Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Am I going f***ing crazy but I am liking the signings and players we have brought in compared to the rest of everyone here. Compared to the crazy amount of term and $ that is being spent by other teams, this seems like a more smart approach. Roy would have been amazing but I ain’t giving Tanev 6 years or Marshessault 5 years.

The team seems more well balanced and has better depth than it did a day ago.

I get the Chychrun return is underwhelming but assuming that was the best return that was offered.

This is a better team than the one that ended the season last season (Pending a Pinto signing of course)

Kind of do as well. Team is somewhat hamstrung by all the big contracts at the top. Needed some change in the bottom 6. Wouldn't be surprised if Joseph is dealt over the summer. Maybe another depth piece or two signed when the market cools down.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Until Norris returns and looks like Lee Majors - the f***in' six million dollar man - fighting sasquatch, I won't believe he's a tough sneeze away from never playing hockey again.

He looked like a shell of his former self last year. Not only does he need to get healthy enough to play, he needs to there mentally. You can't have your second line centre* playing as soft has he played last year.

*Pinto should be the long-term second line centre, but alas.

Reactions: Blotto71

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I guess this has to be it for Ottawa this off-season considering where we're at with the cap?

If so, I see very little improvement going into next season except in goal. I like what Perron brings but we're still lacking a top-6 forward and any sort of third D pairing. Not to mention Pinto not being signed yet sounds ominous(if he's gone we're basically f***ed). Jensen is "meh" as they come and we still don't know if Chabot can stay healthy and regain some stability. Edit: We're also banking on Norris being a #1-2 C which is a hell of a gamble.

Hoping I'm missing something here but as it stands, and with how much our division(and the East in general) is improving, I have very little hope of us making the playoffs any time soon.

Reactions: DrEasy and Samboni

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I wish the sens would acquire some toughness. They don't seem to value it. It puts way too much on the shoulders of one player brady Tkachuk when every player on our team looks to brady to do all of the fighting and hitting. Good teams that make the playoffs and go deep into the playoffs have many players that hit and play a physical style of hockey. It's a team sport and you need to have a team of player's that will follow Brady's lead. But if you are being honest there are no hitters or fighters of any note on this team.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I think the implication with De Haan is that he is a veteran #6-#7 who people assume would sign here for an appropriate AAV because he is from the area and has been Tweeting his CV at Senators fans.

He shouldn't be an everyday player. He played for near league minimum the previous two seasons. I don't see the issue of bringing him in on a six figure contract to play that #6-7 spot if we have it open and don't have an option we're happy with internally.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I guess this has to be it for Ottawa this off-season considering where we're at with the cap?

If so, I see very little improvement going into next season except in goal. I like what Perron brings but we're still lacking a top-6 forward and any sort of third D pairing. Not to mention Pinto not being signed yet sounds ominous(if he's gone we're basically f***ed). Jensen is "meh" as they come and we still don't know if Chabot can stay healthy and regain some stability. Edit: We're also banking on Norris being a #1-2 C which is a hell of a gamble.

Hoping I'm missing something here but as it stands, and with how much our division(and the East in general) is improving, I have very little hope of us making the playoffs any time soon.
This is the golden goose though, not some small thing. We massively upgraded our goaltending from league worst last year Mr. Korpisalo and no longer have his contract hamstringing the team.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I think the implication with De Haan is that he is a veteran #6-#7 who people assume would sign here for an appropriate AAV because he is from the area and has been Tweeting his CV at Senators fans.

He shouldn't be an everyday player. He played for near league minimum the previous two seasons. I don't see the issue of bringing him in on a six figure contract to play that #6-7 spot if we have it open and don't have an option we're happy with internally.

Like it or not, we have Hamonic occupying the exact same role.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad