Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Tanev is going to change much for them but he does plug a hole at least until he falls apart which could be a year maybe two.
He is literally exactly what they need. Just like he is exactly what the sens need. But if they are signing him for 5 million for 6 or 7 years I am glad Ottawa avoided that. He is 34 with alot of hard miles. Will be a good signing for the next 2 years. After that it could be ugly.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He is literally exactly what they need. Just like he is exactly what the sens need. But if they are signing him for 5 million for 6 or 7 years I am glad Ottawa avoided that. He is 34 with alot of hard miles. Will be a good signing for the next 2 years. After that it could be ugly.

The Leafs have already been one of the better defensive teams of the past 6 years or so.

Tanev is the just the next guy in their series of rotating stay at home defensemen now that Brodie is on the outs. A bit more physical sure but I don't think he's going to move the needle a whole lot compared to what they've been working with.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Leafs have already been one of the better defensive teams of the past 6 years or so.

Tanev is the just the next guy in their series of rotating stay at home defensemen now that Brodie is on the outs. A bit more physical sure but I don't think he's going to move the needle a whole lot compared to what they've been working with.
They havent had a legit righty. He is a premier shut down d man in the league he will make them better. They dont protect the house very well and Reilly has never had a legit RHD shut down partner. It will make him a much better player. Giant upgrade on Brodie.

Sounds to me like wishful thinking on your part. He also adds some much needed leadership on that back end.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
It’s hilarious that the Leafs Robertson who Leaf fans said was untouchable not wants out.

The crying over there is a joy to watch

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ideally we sign Roy, Ullmark and Pinto long term and deal Chychrun today
Why do they have to deal Chychrun today? It's not happening today. He will be dealt when everyone who doesn't get their target realizes a free asset isn't an option.

But yes that would be very ideal haha.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
8 X 8.65 for Reinhart. What a steal of a deal. Hilarious that Nylander makes almost 3 million more.

Yeah i wish they would sign Korpisalo to a long term deal again. That would be way better.
I don’t think what I said alluded to signing a Korpisalo type deal, I just expect nothing of significance, so I have set my expectations to none

Emerica

May 29, 2010

We’re about to sign 2 bottom six forwards and call it a day.
Which is ok. Day 1 of free agency is when a lot of incredibly stupid deals are handed out (see Korpisalo, Joonas). I’m fine with us taking a shot at Roy, if that doesn’t work out, turn our attention at the trade market, then wait for the second wave of free agents that will sign for better deals when many teams have eaten up a lot of their available cap.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Roy would be my #1 target
Good depth, responsible, veteran forwards like Martinook, DeBrusk, Henrique would be options.
Would you go 6 x 6 on Roy. I think I would.

For those who are upset about Brannstrom. The sens can probably get a righty who is basically the same player for less money in Lundqvist or Boqvist.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Which is ok. Day 1 of free agency is when a lot of incredibly stupid deals are handed out (see Korpisalo, Joonas). I’m fine with us taking a shot at Roy, if that doesn’t work out, turn our attention at the trade market, then wait for the second wave of free agents that will sign for better deals when many teams have eaten up a lot of their available cap.
I just want a good RD and I’m not entirely convinced we have the assets to acquire one via trade, so it’ll be interesting.

Reactions: Emerica

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ideally we’d have Chychrun gone for some draft assets we can use to trade for a RD, we need futures to make that deal and not be left with cobwebs in the pick department.

They only have 1 first and 1 second over the next 2 drafts, it’s going to be near impossible to trade for an impact, or even fill in, top 4 guy you’re comfortable competing with. We desperately need to refill that cache with a Chychrun deal b

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If we don't end up with much cap room to spend, I'd take a shot at Nils Lundqvist. If he wasn't tendered at less than a million I assume he's not going to be expensive. He's not lived up to the hype but he's capable #6 and could be a second pair guy if he develops a bit more. Plays right side, not big but not small.

An option to consider if we're looking for bargains.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Can't be an easy job for Staios. Without a primo bargaining chip like Korpisalo anymore, it must be hard to entice other GMs into making deals.

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad