Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Were they dancing? What moves?

All kidding aside, I was expecting something to happen from Ottawa Saturday on day 2 of the draft. I expected movement of some assets they don't plan to keep. Surprisingly just draft selections, but that's ok.

Should be an interesting day on Monday, Free Agency, contract extensions, etc... I wonder if the networks will have more TV personalities than the entry draft floor today. It seems to get sillier every year, no longer jumping just between analysts, now they are jumping between 5-6-7 different panels. You get dizzy, need a program just to keep up.
I'll be watching the TSN broadcast, not Sportsnet. They have different groups as well but they're all located in the same broadcast room + I prefer their analysts + Duffy usually is the host. Love him, a local boy.

Reactions: WallyD and DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They have very little cap space but a lot of holes to fill. They're going to need guys to play at the league minimum.
I agree. But this player does not look like one we could use.

Perhaps Ostapchuk is pencilled in for one of those openings on the 4th line. Maybe Kelly might circle back if he does not get an offer he likes from another team. Crookshank might be there too.

He played on Chicago
I know. My Q is: Was he part of the problem there?

I'll be watching the TSN broadcast, not Sportsnet. They have different groups as well but they're all located in the same broadcast room + I prefer their analysts + Duffy usually is the host. Love him, a local boy.
Much preferred over Strombo! :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1719784264979.png
1719784324404.png

800k last year ---------------------------------------------------------- 762,500 last year
ATOI 11:23 --------------------------------------------------------------11:42

Who you taking Lefty or Righty

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Wonder what's up with Chychrun? A little surprised that we haven't heard a peep on this guy - not a single insider has even suggested that there are discussions happening.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wonder what's up with Chychrun? A little surprised that we haven't heard a peep on this guy - not a single insider has even suggested that there are discussions happening.
looking a lot like Debrincat with , could not move him at the draft and likely have a very narrow market

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
looking a lot like Debrincat with , could not move him at the draft and likely have a very narrow market

Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens until the UFA market is all dried up. Late summer, closer to camp opening.

Would love to see something get done soon so the defense can get sorted out though.

May take some patience to find the right deal though.

Reactions: Duncstar

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Considering some of the recent comments from Dave Poulin and going with the theme of the players targeted in the draft and in rumored trades by Sens management, here are some of the UFAs I think they take a serious look at:

Defense:
Nikita Zadorov, Joel Edmundson, Jani Hakanpaa, Brendan Dillon, Robert Bortuzzo, Jack Johnson, Ian Cole, Brendan Smith and possibly Dmitri Kulikov and Matt Dumba. Maybe outside chance they consider bringing Josh Brown back.

They still likely look at some of the top d available like Roy and Tanev, but they likely look to round out the depth of the d with some size and grit.

Forwards:
Anthony Mantha, Tyler Bertuzzi, David Perron, Tyler Toffoli, Jake Debrusk, Chandler Stephenson, Zemgus Girgensons, Kyle Okoposo, Cal Clutterbuck, Yakov Trenin, Sam Lafferty, James Van Riemsdyk, Craig Smith, Sammy Blais, Pat Maroon, Corey Perry, Stefan Noesen

On two way contracts I think they look to bring back Garrett Pilon and Boko Imama. I think they take a look at Nick and Brett Ritchie. I think they also take a look at Brendan Gaunce and Kole Lind.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Media availability 3 hours after the market opens? Doesn't sound like they expect to get much done.
They have a media availability around 4pm on the first day of FA every year no? Don’t think its anything new here, only difference i guess is they’ve announced it early. But yeah i wouldn’t expect them to be that busy on day 1

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
They have a media availability around 4pm on the first day of FA every year no? Don’t think its anything new here, only difference i guess is they’ve announced it early. But yeah i wouldn’t expect them to be that busy on day 1
I seem to recall it being later in the day. Could be wrong.

Just doesn't seem to leave much time to get anything done, but perhaps their hands are tied. I think not being able to move off Chychrun and Joseph may have thrown a wrench into their plans.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Yeah nothing will be happening most likely if they've already announced media availability for Staios. Couple depth signings probably I'd expect and that's probably what we roll with into the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah nothing will be happening most likely if they've already announced media availability for Staios. Couple depth signings probably I'd expect and that's probably what we roll with into the season. Hope I'm wrong.
Either way we need RDs.

If we go into next season with two improvements at RD we will be fine

I’m suspecting we had a convo with Roy and he said no thanks

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It's the Ottawa Senators. Safe bet is always that they strike out on July 1. No surprise if that's what happens tomorrow. SS is just gonna have to do the best he can to cobble together a crew and hope for the best. If he can not shoot himself in the foot as much as Dorion did and they spend to the cap unlike the previous regime, they should still be able to improve the team over time, but the competitive disadvantage remains for the team and will likely bear out tomorrow.

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2