Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Garrioch thinks we're going to try to move Joseph. For the love of god, why? A speedy, defeinsive winger who can contribute offence and kill penalties? Can't have that.
I could see something like Joseph+ for Boone Jenner for example.
Another target could be Laughton.

Looks like a decent lineup to me...

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
Jenner/Laughton-Pinto-Batherson
Greig-Norris-Ostapchuk/UFA
Kelly-Kastelic-Katchouk

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Chychrun
Kleven-JBD

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Some of the expectations on this thread are hillarious. If we replace a goalie it will be Forsberg and we won’t be getting anyone like Markstrom or Saros, and it’s highly unlikely we get an Ulmark.

On D Staios wants some big and mean, he will likely prioritize Tanev but whoever we get will be panned by most here.

The moves will seem underwhelming but will probably make the team much better.ibfo

I don't think Ullmark is unrealistic, so long as people aren't expecting an extension.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think Ullmark is unrealistic, so long as people aren't expecting an extension.
Well, he has a NTC so he's got to be willing to come here first, at which point an extension seems just as plausible.

If he doesn't want to be here, it's unrealistic regardless of whether you want an extension.

Reactions: Relapsing
Oct 10, 2010

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
Kelly-Kastelic-Katchouk

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Chychrun
Kleven-JBD
It’s basically the same team minus 2 players I hope we see lot more change

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It’s basically the same team minus 2 players I hope we see lot more change
Yeah I was just looking at how one of them would fit in "in a vacuum"

I think it's an upgrade over Joseph, and adds that vet presence that Staios wants without losing the role that Joseph plays.

I still think we'll add a RHD, and hopefully make a change in net. Sign Tanev, Trade Chych with Forsberg for Ulmark for example, that would give us this (havent checked if the cap works):

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
Kelly-Kastelic-Katchouk

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Tanev
Kleven-JBD

Ulmark
Korpisalo

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, Dobbers has UFA contract projections, not sure how reliable they are but...

RD
DeMelo: 4.57
Pesce: 4.3
Walker: 2.76
Roy: 2.76
Dumba: 2.62
Tanev: 2.55

I would offer any of them that, lol. I'm guessing most of them get more tbh,

Of note,
Brannstrom: 2.01

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
Kelly-Kastelic-Katchouk

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Chychrun
Kleven-JBD

Jenner would be a great add. Exactly the type of leadership, physicality, and ability to play that this team needs.

Seems like someone this management group will target. If the price is something they are willing to pay is another matter. Joseph+ Boston 1st + prospect? He is the captain in Columbus, I'm sure they will ask for a haul.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jenner would be a great add. Exactly the type of leadership, physicality, and ability to play that this team needs.

Seems like someone this management group will target. If the price is something they are willing to pay is another matter. Joseph+ Boston 1st + prospect? He is the captain in Columbus, I'm sure they will ask for a haul.
Yeah, he's been mentioned as a target going back to the trade deadline.

I think if the ask is that high, we might be better off going after Laughton who would be a great fit as well, but either guy would make a lot of sense imo.

Oct 10, 2010
What do you guys think of Zadorov? Plays RD and is very physical Also only 28 years old.

Love how he’s been battling Kane so far these playoffs.

Reactions: Icelevel

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I feel like they may have a tough time incorporating non-offensive attributes into their valuation. It also doesn't mention term, so there's a lot of wiggle room

This makes a lot of sense given the #'s for Roy and Tanev specifically. I think it will take at least double those numbers to sign them, maybe more if we're throwing in an Ottawa tax.

Any one of Roy, Tanev, Zadorov would be massive additions to this team but I'm sure there's going to be 25 teams lined up for their services. I'm hoping if Staois is aggressive in one spot it's RD. There are 2nd tier guys like Hakanpaa who would still be an upgrade, but I'm not sure it's enough to move the needle as far as helping this team towards a bubble spot.

EDIT: On the Jenner front, I think he just straight up isn't available. Despite Columbus needing a reset he's probably one of the two or three true untouchables on that roster. They are weak at C and on the veteran/leadership front. He's their version of Giroux but arguably even more important to the culture and their Owner/President have come out and said he's not going anywhere. I think if he's moved it's for an absurd package that would make us balk. I don't think any collection of "available" pieces from Ottawa is going to move the needle for them.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Well, he has a NTC so he's got to be willing to come here first, at which point an extension seems just as plausible.

If he doesn't want to be here, it's unrealistic regardless of whether you want an extension.

His NTC is 16 teams.

It's possible that Ottawa and Toronto are not on it. Despite that fact that Canadian teams are often named, it's possible that he may not have burned a spot on us because we are in the same division as Boston, and depending on the date he was required to turn in his no trade list, we signed Korpisalo to a long term contract with Forsberg signed as a backup and Sogaard up and coming.

In short, it would have been a reasonable suggestion from his agent for him not to burn a spot on Ottawa because as of July last year, it seemed very unlikely we would trade for him.

Maybe Garrioch is no longer as plugged in as be was when he was AGM, but the fact that Garrioch dropped his name earlier this summer makes me think he is one of our targets.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
His NTC is 16 teams.

It's possible that Ottawa and Toronto are not on it. Despite that fact that Canadian teams are often named, it's possible that he may not have burned a spot on us because we are in the same division as Boston, and depending on the date he was required to turn in his no trade list, we signed Korpisalo to a long term contract with Forsberg signed as a backup and Sogaard up and coming.

In short, it would have been a reasonable suggestion from his agent for him not to burn a spot on Ottawa because as of July last year, it seemed very unlikely we would trade for him.

Maybe Garrioch is no longer as plugged in as be was when he was AGM, but the fact that Garrioch dropped his name earlier this summer makes me think he is one of our targets.

There were rumours (not sure if substantiated at all) that he wants to stay out East, so that also helps. Typically I just assume Ottawa is on anyone with a NTC's list because a lot of Canadian teams are, especially small market ones, but he could very well be a case of a player who doesn't have them listed.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Chychrun + Boston 1st (26ish overall)

To Philly
12th overall + Laughton

Who says no?
Doesn’t make sense. I think you mean:

To Philadelphia:
Chychrun + Boston 1st

To Ottawa:
12th overall + Laughton

It's a bad return for the Flyers though, so can’t see this happening.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Tkachuk-Stu-Giroux
Kelly-Kastelic-Katchouk

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Chychrun
Kleven-JBD
If blue jackets aren’t trading for a star they’ll want a first + back for Jenner. Not Joseph imo.

Same for Philly.

I think chychrun is going the other way in either of those deals

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

To Philadelphia:
Chychrun + Boston 1st

To Ottawa:
12th overall + Laughton

Laughton’s play slipped this year. Pass.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Laughton’s play slipped this year. Pass.
I don’t think Laughton is the main piece in that deal. I hope we get as much as some are expecting for Chychrun, but I wonder what his value is now after last year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

To Philadelphia:
Chychrun + Boston 1st

To Ottawa:
12th overall + Laughton

Well Laughton is okay and they’re getting a perceived top pairing d man. I think it’s actually an amazing return and they won’t do any better

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don’t think Laughton is the main piece in that deal. I hope we get as much as some are expecting for Chychrun, but I wonder what his value is now after last year.
There will be GMs that still love him and GMs that think he’s a liability, like any player. The hope is a GM that still loves him sees a need.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The asset managers will hate this but I’d like Staios to use 2 or 3 of his 4th round picks to acquire pending UFAs for some exclusive negotiating time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad