GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well Sportsnet doesn’t think so…tumbledown the rankings is in store…we’re one of the four worst teams in the league lol

You don't get it. We have a plan.

Reactions: Pens x and Nfumass

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Actually 22nd in the league, would be picking at 11.

YMMV but to me anything outside of the top ten in an NHL draft is where you start rollin' the dice. Maybe that's splitting hairs a bit at 11th overall. But to me... again within the context of the NHL... that's not a premium pick.

If we gotta be bad I wish we could just be really, really bad. But Sid is here so that's unlikely. Hence we circle back around to my main point... why are we doing this, again?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think this team's definitely capable of ending up picking in the top 10 next draft, particularly if age catches up to Sid in a noticeable way or he gets a lengthy injury. I'd be really surprised if Sid's PPG season streak didn't end this year.

But the East is real top heavy and then there's a lotta aggressively mediocre slop in the middle, so I also wouldn't be surprised if the Pens hung around the WC race again.

Hoping they tumble, and badly. They're locked in being losers from here on out until Sid retires, so lose enough to actually get the good picks for a change.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Right in the mushy middle. Not good enough to matter or bad enough to matter. Sounds accurate.
IMG_0591.jpeg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Woah, look at the Caps go, doing it right. 4. More. Points.

They aren’t Cup contenders most likely but they haven’t given up on propping open Ovi’s window yet by infusing younger players in the lineup, even by trade…they aren’t trading for 32 year old Kevin Hayes or a washed up 30 year old D man lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The Caps have no window. They're in the same boat as the Pens. PLD sucks. They'll probably be marginally better than Pittsburgh, but they're still trash.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We’re probably about that same as last season. Likely a little worse. No JC is huge. The flow of the games will be different just from that. But it’s another year so we likely see more drop off from the big guys.

If Graves can get his shit together, the backend will be pretty solid. But man, we badly need a superstar winger. If we had two, they might even make the playoffs. I predict they’ll finish right around where they have the last 2 seasons. Basically another year of purgatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad