GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Without any other moves:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Beauvillier-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari

With adding one more top-9 LW like I'm expecting:

LW-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Beauvillier

No need for Hayes to be playing anything above a 4C.
Not that I'm advocating at all for him, but isn't Nieto still under contract? Or is he a possible LTIR candidate?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Pretty much the only interesting FA left is Roslovic but there isnt really any space for him anways. I think the roster is pretty much set unless a team wants to pay for a cap dump.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
We don't know if he'll suck yet. It's one bad year, possibly under a coach he hated, in a situation he wasn't comfortable with.
The year before that 54 points, on an offensively inept team under Torts.

If anything I expect some improvement, because he's from Boston and Sully's gonna give him all the love/usage. That has a big impact on players' mental approach.
Eller for example felt valued here and improved on his prior year. You could tell in interviews that he was embracing the role. He liked that he got PP2 minutes.

Guys have random bouncebacks in their 30's all the time. Graves might be solid next year too. Nothing is certain.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We don't know if he'll suck yet. It's one bad year, possibly under a coach he hated, in a situation he wasn't comfortable with.
The year before that 54 points, on an offensively inept team under Torts.

If anything I expect some improvement, because he's from Boston and Sully's gonna give him all the love/usage. That has a big impact on players' mental approach.
Eller for example felt valued here and improved on his prior year. You could tell in interviews that he was embracing the role. He liked that he got PP2 minutes.

Guys have random bouncebacks in their 30's all the time. Graves might be solid next year too. Nothing is certain.

The more I look at the moves I’m worried they are going to turn out lol

• Haha
Reactions: DesertedPenguin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Without any other moves:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Beauvillier-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari

With adding one more top-9 LW like I'm expecting:

LW-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Beauvillier

Rakell doesn't work well with Geno. Rakell is as close to a Jake replacement they have. When I see another LW added then we can talk. Hayes won't be starting on the 4th line.

I guess you could move up O'Connor to Geno's RW. I think Geno regresses even further this season.

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, O'Connor
Beauvillier, Eller, Hayes
Puljur, Lizotte, Accairi
Bemstrom/Puustinen

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Evander Kane strikes me as having a severe butthole relapse as soon as he leaves riding shotgun with Twinkletoes McFingerBang, guy has a brain the size of an earth worm and was a chronic problem everwhere esle he played, easy pass and an emphatic NO.

• Haha
Reactions: DRAGO 18

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Jeff Skinner signs with the OIlers for about the same $ as Hayes, and for just 1 year. Not a huge fan, but he might have been more of a help than some of these other moves

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jeff Skinner signs with the OIlers for about the same $ as Hayes, and for just 1 year. Not a huge fan, but he might have been more of a help than some of these other moves

Why would Skinner have wanted to sign here?

Money wasn't the reason the Penguins didn't sign him, they can offer him double what the Oilers are paying him.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I wonder why Skinner would sign in Edmonton over Pittsburgh

1719888605767.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad