GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The hate for Rakell is so comically stupid, he had a bad start, hurt his shoulder, came back and produced at a 50pt pace with a f***ed shoulder all season and somehow, "he can eat shit" because idiots will idiot.

Imagine that a bloke that's a right handed shot with a hurt right shoulder, might not produce better than he should but still produced at a rate that was worthy of the contract he had. Oh no, f***ing morons.

After he came back, he put up 15 goals in 53 games for 33pts. That's a 51pt pace with a f***ed up shoulder from Dec 18 when he returned on until the end of the season. Sid, Geno, and Rust had more goals than him.
What pisses me off is that Rak is clearly more engaged when hes playing with 87 but the coach doesn't care. He was always going to get the runaround with this coach though. You could tell that as soon as we got him. He was one of those who had to get into ‘game shape’ before he saw a regular shift in the top-6 even though he was an established NHL player.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
People sure love to simp for players on this team that haven't done a damn thing to get the team into the playoffs the past two years...much less to the SCF.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What pisses me off is that Rak is clearly more engaged when hes playing with 87 but the coach doesn't care. He was always going to get the runaround with this coach though. You could tell that as soon as we got him. He was one of those who had to get into ‘game shape’ before he saw a regular shift in the top-6 even though he was an established NHL player.

Sully does care …….. about who Crosby wants to play with though.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Exactly what I've been saying with Rakell's usage. Not only does Crosby benefit greatly with Rakell on his line, so does Rakell for his best fit and production in the line-up. But he kept force feeding Doc which made that line give up almost as many as it scored and Rust doesn't really do jack shit defensively anymore and hasn't for a few seasons now. Rakell is actually a huge benefit to that line and for Sid and sure why use a bloke that actually works best there for all parties involved?

Because he has to earn his right, as an established winger, to play there. Lol. So Sullivan forces him on Geno's line, which actually looks best when Puustinen is with him and Bunting.

The issue with so many players isn't so much the players, it's the coach. But the morons that hate on Rakell will blame him for some borderline brain dead reasons.

Sully does care …….. about who Crosby wants to play with though.
This has been my biggest issue with Crosby, yeah great, legend, blah blah. But if you've been dictating who is on your line, that's a f***ing problem.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Probably the same mod who thinks it's sacrilege to say Tampa has fake cups (they do)
Tampa themselves found it fitting to announce 4 minor signings in 1 tweet and all 4 jabronis have their own stickied thread all linking to said tweet.

I know this is a hockey message board but if you need a dedicated thread regarding Derrick Pouliot signing a league minimum 2 way deal in the year 2024 then you need to get a life.

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Tampa themselves found it fitting to announce 4 minor signings in 1 tweet and all 4 jabronis have their own stickied thread all linking to said tweet.

I know this is a hockey message board but if you need a dedicated thread regarding Derrick Pouliot signing a league minimum 2 way deal in the year 2024 then you need to get a life.
First, I'm shocked anyone still signs Derrick Pouliot..and yeah, the bias on the mainboard forums is comical.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Making Crosby comfortable should see...

Rakell, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Hayes, Malkin
O'Connor, Eller, Beauvillier
Bemstrom, Lizotte, Puljujarvi/Pusstinen/Acairri

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
They haven't moved Eller (not that I know of) but I know I remember hearing teams were interested in Eller at the deadline and they kept him. That would have been the right time to move a bloke like him knowing they are likely not making it and getting draft capital back.

As it stands, he would be the right fit for the 4c, but I think to a contender at his cap hit, he's very enticing given he has a lot left in the tank and it'll be wasted on whatever Sullivan coaches this team into all season while missing the playoffs again.

The C Depth:

Crosby
Malkin
Hayes
Eller
Acciari

Acciari is a bloke Dubas has traded for on the Leafs and then brought here as a free agent, I think both he and Sullivan do for his "sticktoitiveness" and "juice" he brings that none of us can see apparently.
Lizotte too. I'm fine with moving Eller if it means a pick, but I don't think we'll get more standings points without him, if that's what people care about at this point.
I suppose he can drop off at any time though. He old.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Why does Sullivan and Dubas insist on icing the most boring vanilla teams in history? These guys are absolute idiots. At least if you're going to suck, play young guys with energy.

Bobby Farnham was a total scrub, but at least he provided some entertainment. This team is turning into complete joke
they can't take a chance on missing that high pick

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This has been my biggest issue with Crosby, yeah great, legend, blah blah. But if you've been dictating who is on your line, that's a f***ing problem.

Not 100% dictating because Sully puts different players there.

But yeah, players he doesn’t prefer to play with move to a different line, eventually. And Sid’s faves usually end back with him. Probably doesn’t make the results change that much and Sully is smart to keep Sid happy because he likes his job.

Hornqvist was with Sid full time for around 20+ games and it worked great with Sheary but alas Sid did not vibe with Horny even though Sid was scoring almost a goal a game.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let me just put it this way: there's a reason that the Blues, who are nowhere near the cap, added a 2nd to move on from Hayes.

The Blues have $15 million in cap space right now and weren't particularly active at UFA, yet they still paid a 2nd to get out of Hayes' deal.
It's not like Geno is this speedster either. I don't think what the Blues did has any bearings on what the Pens do with him.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Lizotte too. I'm fine with moving Eller if it means a pick, but I don't think we'll get more standings points without him, if that's what people care about at this point.
I suppose he can drop off at any time though. He old.
Less points mean higher picks, that's where my heads at. Sullivan will do it unintentionally anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad