GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Why does Sullivan and Dubas insist on icing the most boring vanilla teams in history? These guys are absolute idiots. At least if you're going to suck, play young guys with energy.

Bobby Farnham was a total scrub, but at least he provided some entertainment. This team is turning into complete joke
There is no need to pine for Bobby Farnham.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Because we can't score
Once Bunting got comfortable and drove the net, they started to score at a rate that was what you would expect out of this group (albeit maybe a little higher than whats sustainable for this squad) at near top 5 of the league in the last 20 games.

So that was never the issue, it was getting a player that wasn't affected by "Mike Sullivan's brilliant coaching adjustments" where no one went to the crease other than a small player like Puustinen and he was cast off to the 3rd line for it and then Bunting.

Why does Sullivan and Dubas insist on icing the most boring vanilla teams in history? These guys are absolute idiots. At least if you're going to suck, play young guys with energy.

Bobby Farnham was a total scrub, but at least he provided some entertainment. This team is turning into complete joke
I don't give a shit about antics on the ice that hurt the team type players, when you coach a boring system that doesn't adjust or evolve with the current trends and makes it work to this roster's advantage, that makes for boring as f*** hockey.

Penguins were boring up until Bunting came and it only got interesting because he did a simple thing he's done his whole career - drive the net and skate hard.

Ludvig tries to be entertaining and he knocked himself the f*** out, also was absolute ass for most of his games vs being good.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think that's pretty close but Sullivan is more likely to do the following:

Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
O'Connor- Hayes - Lizotte
Acciari - Eller - Puustinen

Pettersson - Letang
Grzelcyk - Karlsson
Graves - St. Ivany
Shea/Ludshit

Bemstrom on L4 over Puusy.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I think that's pretty close but Sullivan is more likely to do the following:

Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
O'Connor- Hayes - Lizotte
Acciari - Eller - Puustinen

Pettersson - Letang
Grzelcyk - Karlsson
Graves - St. Ivany
Shea/Ludshit
To add - Then Sullivan will say look see, Puustinen got opportunity and didn't produce, this is why we're healthy scratching him for Buttstrom/Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Bemstrom on L4 over Puusy.
Was just posting what Sullivan would end up doing after saying he tried.

Was holding out hope for Skinner but that's out.

Roster doesn't look like a product I'l be tuning in for regularly this year.
I think Skinner could have worked actually, but it would mean Sullivan would need to split up Rust and Crosby and he seems reluctant to do that more now than ever since Jake is gone.

Skinner, Crosby, Rakell would have worked - Rakell has been the balancing factor on Sid's like defensively while also producing each time he was there. Skinner is an absolute zero defensively but he can score.

But I don't think he wanted to come to this team, he took less to join a recent finalist, that should tell you all you need to know about why he wouldn't sign here. Dubas would have had to over pay him and blokes here would have endlessly bitched about that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Well that was a fun day. It's all downhill from here for the next 12 months entertainment-wise. Can't wait for that super honest, open competition for roster spots in camp/pre-season. :laugh:

Reactions: domaug

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
What really gets my goat isn't the fact that they kept the core3, although I wouldn't have done it, I saw a way that it could work for now and the future. No, it was the need to sign Carter, Rust, RAKELL & all of the garbage bottom 6 vets that when you added them all up was a real cap #.

Go back and read the Carter/Rust/Rakell threads............allot of you people owe me an apology SENATOR!! The Pens MGMT/Ownership owes me straight cash money.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Was just posting what Sullivan would end up doing after saying he tried.

I think Skinner could have worked actually, but it would mean Sullivan would need to split up Rust and Crosby and he seems reluctant to do that more now than ever since Jake is gone.

Skinner, Crosby, Rakell would have worked - Rakell has been the balancing factor on Sid's like defensively while also producing each time he was there. Skinner is an absolute zero defensively but he can score.

But I don't think he wanted to come to this team, he took less to join a recent finalist, that should tell you all you need to know about why he wouldn't sign here. Dubas would have had to over pay him and blokes here would have endlessly bitched about that.

Yeah Sullivan is 100% playing Bemstrom over Puusy.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I know he makes a lot and his injury makes things questionable…

But what about Evander Kane? Only two years left, if he was retained to 3.5-4 mil would be intriguing for that top-6 LW spot.

Sounds like he’s the odd-man out in EDM with them getting Skinner and having to re-sign Broberg and Holloway.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They gave up a 2nd and three 3rds + took on a bottom 5 contract in the NHL.

But what about Evander Kane? Only two years left, if he was retained to 3.5-4 mil would be intriguing for that top-6 LW spot.

Sounds like he’s the odd-man out in EDM with them getting Skinner and having to re-sign Broberg and Holloway.
Stylistically a good fit if healthy. But no. My most loathed player in the league. Hell no.

Reactions: Trade and td_ice

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

It only makes sense for us if EDM gives up a first round pick to take him…

Reactions: Victor Z and Trade

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Go back and read the Carter/Rust/Rakell threads............allot of you people owe me an apology SENATOR!! The Pens MGMT/Ownership owes me straight cash money.

Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself.
"Hey, isn't this easy?"

1719882047166.gif

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Stylistically a good fit if healthy. But no. My most loathed player in the league. Hell no.
that was my thinking. we’d possibly get an extremely motivated physical goalscorer trying to cash in on one last deal, orrrrr he wouldn’t even make it through the contract and be off the team.

His leash would be like 1/10th the size of Harkins’ knowing Sully. He’d probably hate it here

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So you’re saying we need 2 girls to become the GM
The hate for Rakell is so comically stupid, he had a bad start, hurt his shoulder, came back and produced at a 50pt pace with a f***ed shoulder all season and somehow, "he can eat shit" because idiots will idiot.

Imagine that a bloke that's a right handed shot with a hurt right shoulder, might not produce better than he should but still produced at a rate that was worthy of the contract he had. Oh no, f***ing morons.

After he came back, he put up 15 goals in 53 games for 33pts. That's a 51pt pace with a f***ed up shoulder from Dec 18 when he returned on until the end of the season. Sid, Geno, and Rust had more goals than him.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
that was my thinking. we’d possibly get an extremely motivated physical goalscorer trying to cash in on one last deal, orrrrr he wouldn’t even make it through the contract and be off the team.

His leash would be like 1/10th the size of Harkins’ knowing Sully. He’d probably hate it here
I don't know if the coaches would hate him him so much as the players would. But yea his physicality/ability to skate/score would fit that open spot next to Sid like a glove. But Sid would hate him, because he's the biggest douche in the sport. Actually Sid would also probably hate his lack of hockey IQ/short passes too.

Reactions: Trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad