GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Dubas did the same thing as last year. Bunch of random bottom sixers, throwing them into the mix, and they'll all be whatever.
I like these ones better so far. A little younger and a little more skill. Outside of the obvious cap dump in Hayes. Though he does historically have a little more skill.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Dubas did the same thing as last year. Bunch of random bottom sixers, throwing them into the mix, and they'll all be whatever.
This time is much better though, because none of them have any term, except Lizotte who is young and good. Edit: And I guess Hayes but he's a dump

Reactions: metalan2

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'd be perfectly fine rolling with absolute bare bones in the roster. If they're gonna suck, let 'em suck with cheap, young talent that may end up being able to be flipped for more assets.

DOC-Sid-Rust (moved the second his NTC expires one year from now)
Bunting-Geno-Puustinen
Beau-Pono-Poulin
Lizotte-Eller-Hayes

Petts (can eat shit, dealt by the deadline) - EK
Grizzler or whatever the f*** his stupid name is - Letang
Graves - St. Ivany

Rakell can eat shit. Acciari can eat shit. Nieto can eat shit. Shop Graves cuz he can eat shit. Shop Jarry cuz he can eat shit.

This is what a rebuilding team would do 100%

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
He's not available.. yet.. but should things go sideways again in Ottawa..

Brady Tkachuk would look real good in that DOC spot next to Sid. Just sayin.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I like these ones better so far. A little younger and a little more skill. Outside of the obvious cap dump in Hayes. Though he does historically have a little more skill.
Hayes could be a decent 3rd or 4th center rotating with Eller. It's at least an upgrade over last year.

Crosby
Malkin
Eller
Hayes

Not bad I guess.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I dunno if I care less about what The Hockey News has to say in 2024 or the random geocities websites @Andy99 finds to doomer post. :laugh:
He's not available.. yet.. but should things go sideways again in Ottawa..

Brady Tkachuk would look real good in that DOC spot next to Sid. Just sayin.
Bless your heart.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They don’t necessarily have to keep the picks they’re acquiring. If Dubas is serious about trying to contend right away and trading for good, young players then you need assets in order to do that.
Despite talking exactly about doing this, Dubas hasn’t made one move in that regard…I’d love to see them go after Pinto…

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Would Robertson be worth a 3rd and a 4th? Maybe a bit more? Maybe send Poulin with a 3rd or something.

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Robertson-Lizotte-Beauvillier
Eller-Hayes-Acciari (99% dzone faceoff line, completely ground into powder by Sullivan)
Then you have Ponomarev/Bemstrom duking it out for a spot.

I don't despise it.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
So far the lineup looks like this.

O'Connor - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Beauvillier - Hayes - Puustinen
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari

Pettersson - Letang
Graves - Karlsson
Grzelcyk - St. Ivany

Jarry
Nedeljkovic

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Well with Eller and Smith gone, the PK would be worse for sure.
They haven't moved Eller (not that I know of) but I know I remember hearing teams were interested in Eller at the deadline and they kept him. That would have been the right time to move a bloke like him knowing they are likely not making it and getting draft capital back.

As it stands, he would be the right fit for the 4c, but I think to a contender at his cap hit, he's very enticing given he has a lot left in the tank and it'll be wasted on whatever Sullivan coaches this team into all season while missing the playoffs again.

The C Depth:

Crosby
Malkin
Hayes
Eller
Acciari

Acciari is a bloke Dubas has traded for on the Leafs and then brought here as a free agent, I think both he and Sullivan do for his "sticktoitiveness" and "juice" he brings that none of us can see apparently.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Why does Sullivan and Dubas insist on icing the most boring vanilla teams in history? These guys are absolute idiots. At least if you're going to suck, play young guys with energy.

Bobby Farnham was a total scrub, but at least he provided some entertainment. This team is turning into complete joke
Blake Lizotte is young/has energy

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So far the lineup looks like this.

O'Connor - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Beauvillier - Hayes - Puustinen
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari

Pettersson - Letang
Graves - Karlsson
Grzelcyk - St. Ivany