GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
next 2 first overalls are supposed to be insane so there’s that.
Finishing bottom 5 and winning the draft lottery to get Hagens would create a 180* on the remaining years of Sid, Geno, and Letang IMHO. I think they would immediately want to capitalize on brining that ELC talent in and going for it one last time. I wouldn't be shocked to see a new system in place to accommodate sending Malkin to the wing with Hagens at center. Or giving him two solid top 6 wings on the 3rd line.

Michael Misa would be a gangbuster on Sid's LW though so that's equally as appealing.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dubas certainly did not set this team up to be competitive. They will be lucky to be 14OA as this past season proved to be. They are 100% top 10OA territory. Basically, they were that last year until they made a late push going from 7OA to 14OA. So the possibility to be top 5 is there without Guentzel here all season.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Finishing bottom 5 and winning the draft lottery to get Hagens would create a 180* on the remaining years of Sid, Geno, and Letang IMHO. I think they would immediately want to capitalize on brining that ELC talent in and going for it one last time. I wouldn't be shocked to see a new system in place to accommodate sending Malkin to the wing with Hagens at center. Or giving him two solid top 6 wings on the 3rd line.

Michael Misa would be a gangbuster on Sid's LW though so that's equally as appealing.
I want Hagens and then McKenna. Any other result is unacceptable

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Rakell and Pickering for Laine and a couple of 2nds cuz the last part would drive people bonkers. :laugh:
Genuinely would love something like that.

At least that shit would be exciting. We’ve needed a good RHS on the left wall PP for ages. Rust and Rakell aren’t that. Rust at least PK’s, or I’d say him in a deal for Laine.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Question: With all these moves does that mean none of the players we got for Jake and Poulin, Puustinen, and Pono dont get a shot?

If they don't move any contracts out, not a chance in hell.

Right now the roster seems pretty obviously..

Rakell / Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell / Beauvillier
DOC - Hayes - Bemstrom / Pulju
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I just don’t think we can truly “suck” that quickly to get low enough for McKenna.

Unless Crosby blows a tire and gets injured. We will probably hover right around where we were last year 7th - 15th.

Crosby gets hurt though, all bets are off and the parachute cord is cut.

Then we will get to see what the next 5 years look like potentially. Can’t wait for the day when some of the miserable f***s on this forum experience what the true basement feels like.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rum

Rumours are Kane is being shopped.
Kane is the type I would be interested in taking on for payment.

Kane+3rd for Eller or Accari for example. Then you put Kane on the block as soon as the season starts with a willingness to take a 2nd. Move that up to a 1st at the TDL. All the while:

Kane-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Malkin-Raks
DOC-Lizotte-Puustinen
Beau-Hayes-Acciari

gets you somewhere at least.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Genuinely would love something like that.

At least that shit would be exciting. We’ve needed a good RHS on the left wall PP for ages. Rust and Rakell aren’t that. Rust at least PK’s, or I’d say him in a deal for Laine.
Yeah I think Laine's pretty well cooked (masterful talent evaluator pixies vehemently disagrees because of his on-pace stats) but I'd take a shot at him clicking with Sid or Geno then flipping him down the road. Worse case scenario, you get out of 4 years of Rakell for 2 years of Laine and hopefully land a couple more picks. Unless you're talking about top-5 picks, then I definitely prefer quantity.

-edit- Also it'd drive Sullivan actually insane, so I'd love that.

Reactions: Trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad