GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm actually kinda getting my hopes up now that they take a swing at Laine. Pretty low risk as a bottom-third team, may right himself to be a guy we can get assets for down the line, and the added bonus of almost assuredly driving Sullivan insane so maybe he quits.

If Columbus takes Rakell and something like Pickering, and throws us Laine and like a 2nd I'm fine with that. Happy even.

Reactions: Harvey Birdman

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Also I like Beauvillier especially at that price. He's young-ish and very fast and has scored in the past. Maybe he's cooked, maybe not. He doesn't have to play *that* well to make $1.25m a bargain though.
Maybe he's cooked?

He was shit on the Canucks and the Hawks last season and was shit on the Isles before they cap dumped him for Horvat. Why not play Puustinen? Oh right, Sully loves his vets. He gets rock hard for this shit to play them over youth.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll hate the Beauvillier add if he's being added as the primary LW option for Crosby.

But as a depth piece to push Puustinen and the other young guys for a spot? I have no issues with that at all. And based on what he's being paid, this salary suggests that's the more likely role he'll be in.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bad year last year, prior to that 40pt seasons. Not my favorite signing but this is hardly worth getting mad over. He's a middle 6 LW that you can play, scratch, waive, or trade.

Realistically, Beauviller has proven more than Puustinen...

Reactions: Trade and orby

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'll hate the Beauvillier add if he's being added as the primary LW option for Crosby.

But as a depth piece to push Puustinen and the other young guys for a spot? I have no issues with that at all. And based on what he's being paid, this salary suggests that's the more likely role he'll be in.
That cap hit is easily buried in the AHL, too.

It's essentially a slightly more expensive depth signing. Like this one, just a few bucks more.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
One year removed from a 40 pt season between VAN/NYI

31 pts in 55 career playoff games.

f*** it, I ain’t mad at the Beauvillier signing. Could be pretty damn good for his cap.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Completely on board with this. Two picks for someone who didn't wanna be here, full cap relief.
The 2027 pick would be ready by 2031 or so, which is more suitable for this team's timeline anyway. Dubas W.
Yeah, I'll miss Smith like missed my case of pneumonia and a style I had this past week, f***ing guy was the real salt of the f***ing Earth.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Beau can be buried in the AHL with just a 100k counting against the cap. More likely than not, I bet he ends up on waivers at some point. Its just a depth signing to push the younger players.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
One year removed from a 40 pt season between VAN/NYI

31 pts in 55 career playoff games.

f*** it, I ain’t mad at the Beauvillier signing at that cap.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think they're sitting with this right now:

XXXX-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen/Beauvillier
Poulin-Hayes-Acciari
Puljujarvi-Beauvillier/Puustinen

Pettersson-Karlsson
Grzelcyk-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
Kral

Jarry-Nedjelkovic

They still have $6 million in cap space with this roster, and it really seems like the only spot that could be used is on Crosby's LW.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Push Puustinen for what? He out produced Beauvillier last season and he was a rookie.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad