GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lol Yzerplan apparently includes Campbell as one of their goalies.

You serious mate?

t6a7CPD.png
Yeah, it didn't work when he was a rookie at 22. They are talking Beauvillier for Christ sake.

Fact is Sprong is a 20g scorer who can shoot the puck who will likely sign a $2mil x 2yr. Show me a better signing than that...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder what Crosby thinks of this. I still don't think he leaves but when the cold hard reality hits him in the face on the ice maybe he changes his mind

That's the intent of keeping the team competitive, so that this isn't a factor.

Selling off redundant pieces and bringing in cap dumps for assets shouldn't make this team dramatically worse.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
f*** what he thinks. He won't say shit about Sullivan so he should shut the f*** up about everything else.
Oh I mean I'm fine with whatever. I don't want him gone but if he decides he wants out then I wouldn't hold it against him.

Just curious what he's thinking seeing these moves.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
to be fair he was the first to break the smith to rangers thing and was given credit by some of the big insiders for it.
It's not some crazy thing to break. It's a deal that happened that he maybe got a whiff of sooner than the rest. Doesn't mean I believe the rest of the shit that comes out of his assmouth.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Oh I mean I'm fine with whatever. I don't want him gone but if he decides he wants out then I wouldn't hold it against him.

Just curious what he's thinking seeing these moves.
Probably drawing hearts in his journal around Sullivan's name while his fiancé wonders if his ass will ever marry her.

• Haha
Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Selling off redundant pieces and bringing in cap dumps for assets shouldn't make this team dramatically worse.
I'm not sure they will be dramatically worse but everyone else is out there getting better and we're just kinda there.

Like I still think the Caps will suck despite all their moves and so will the Jackets probably. But how are we going to be better than the Isles, Devils, or Flyers while basically making no majorly impactful moves whatsoever?

That's the essential problem with this "half in" approach. It's basically counting on a roster rebound and uhh I dunno why we should expect one when most of our roster is old.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dirt cheap, I figure Beauvillier replaces Smith on the 3rd line.

3rd line is likely O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen/Beauvillier, with the better performer between Puustinen and Beauvillier playing.

Reactions: Jacob

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

We've moved out Guentzel and Smith and added in Hayes and Beauvillier.

We are likely going to be a bottom 10 team if not bottom 5 next year without any additional big moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad