GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
People still don’t think Washington is better off than us?
I mean.. I don’t know. They certainly have more good players than they did before but they were trash last year and saved by their goalie performance, and Ovechkin will probably just get worse. No idea, they have serious question marks like PLD.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I’m not usually one to bitch and moan about the team during the minefield that is free agency, but seriously how the f*** is it possible that despite the teams being in similar points of their life cycles, Washington adds Dubois (whose suckage is incredibly overstated), Chychrun and Roy for basically nothing while we add the corpse of Kevin Hayes?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Impossible to keep up with the stream. Amazing how many deals can get worked out in the 20 seconds immediately after noon.

I see lots of stupid stupid term.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It's hilarrrrrious to see the cope from Penguins fans regarding the Capitals right now.

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge they are lapping the Pens is unserious. It's not a high bar to clear, that being said. PLD is still a bad trade but other than that.

But at least we didn't give Brady Skjei 7 million AAV. Holy shit.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I’m not usually one to bitch and moan about the team during the minefield that is free agency, but seriously how the f*** is it possible that despite the teams being in similar points of their life cycles, Washington adds Dubois (whose suckage is incredibly overstated), Chychrun and Roy for basically nothing while we add the corpse of Kevin Hayes?
Washington hasn’t been a threat since 2019. Pens were actually good until 2022.

Also does Washington look like a contender with their roster to you? They don’t to me.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge they are lapping the Pens is unserious. It's not a high bar to clear, that being said. PLD is still a bad trade but other than that.

But at least we didn't give Brady Skjei 7 million AAV. Holy shit.
What has washington done this offseason so far besides trading for expenisive big name players who aren't as good as their name power suggests. Chychrun might be the most overrated Dman in the world. Just because he can rip it on the PP people ignore his awful flaws lol.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Washington hasn’t been a threat since 2019. Pens were actually good until 2022.

Also does Washington look like a contender with their roster to you? They don’t to me.
I dont know how anyone can look at the Caps forward group and say there are even a playoff lock. Nice moves on D but that team still sucks

Reactions: Jacob and Turin

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Damn...Arvidsson off the board.

Looks like a $4mil x 2yrs - that would have been perfect for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad