GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
He’d have to compete with a bunch of mid aging trash and nobodies to establish his NHL career. Should be our pitch to any talented youngster like him or Rossi.
Think that's pretty much the case around the league tbh.

Really wish this team didn't continually, for like 15 years, keep the roster stocked full of vets. I get that the prospects have been pretty dogshit but still. This league loves to overrate vets, and this team's always been a big offender when it comes to that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Have you watched Mike Sullivan coach?
Also, that most important point that I missed is you can't just pull draft picks out of thin air. Without even seeing the terms (if they even happen) any of these players can be flipped at deadline for picks.... Part of the plan

Reactions: orby

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Did he say so on TV? I cannot find a tweet

It was in an article of predictions he posted.

Also, that most important point that I missed is you can't just pull draft picks out of thin air. Without even seeing the terms (if they even happen) any of these players can be flipped at deadline for picks.... Part of the plan

Can't wait for the 7th round picks that come flowing in for Hayes, Beauvillier, and Gryz.

Reactions: MeinerEiner

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like how people say non-stop that Yohe is full of shit, but as soon as he says something people want to get mad about, they take it as gospel :laugh:

Also Beauvillier to Pittsburgh wasn't "predicted" by Friedman, he said it was an "educated guess that you shouldn't take as gospel".

• Haha
Reactions: SEALBound

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Did he say so on TV? I cannot find a tweet

• Here are some educated guesses on what we could see Monday. Don’t take them as gospel, the rumour mill drank a case of Red Bull on the weekend.

Anthony Beauvillier: Pittsburgh.

Reactions: MeinerEiner

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The only slight saving grace to Beauvillier is that I don't think he will be viewed as a staple anywhere in the lineup. This isn't resigning Rust where you know a guy like DOC, Poulin, Pono, etc won't dislodge him from the top 6. Beauvillier is a guy you have no issue moving around the lineup.

That said, I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want him. Unless they are thinking this a 900k Hinostanza, Colin White, Zohorna depth signing.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Dude could bet on whatever non-Penguins games he wanted. I don't know why anybody gives a shit. Lots of athletes have been big gamblers since the dawn of time. :laugh:
The hypocrisy of having 80% of league advertising revenue from gambling sources and relying on gambling for the growth of the game but forbidding league participants from even thinking about making a wager is just delicious.

Hell, I was in a fantasy league with an NHL staff member and he had to drop out after the Pinto incident because teams are so afraid of it. It is a $20 yearly buy in.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I am willing to hold out until we see how free agency shakes out before pronouncing anything but two little things:

1) when has this team sold high on a reclamation project in the last 10 years?
2) if you are hoping to flip Beauvillier and Big G for anything of significance, you are out to lunch.

Also lol @ this article from a few days back:

The only slight saving grace to Beauvillier is that I don't think he will be viewed as a staple anywhere in the lineup. This isn't resigning Rust where you know a guy like DOC, Poulin, Pono, etc won't dislodge him from the top 6. Beauvillier is a guy you have no issue moving around the lineup.

That said, I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want him. Unless they are thinking this a 900k Hinostanza, Colin White, Zohorna depth signing.
He is also a guy that makes absolutely zero sense to sign.

Reactions: Gurglesons

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think you guys are insane for agonizing over Beauvillier and Gryzelcyk. So much better than giving out a 6 year deal on day 1 of FA.

This team just took a cap dump for a pick. They are not serious about contending anymore.

Its the right path, IF they actually pursue it and sell off some pieces.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I also don’t understand the rush to sign Beauvillier and Grz even if they were buy low candidates…why sign them 12:01 on July 1 and tie up your money? Why not wait out the market and see if a better candidate who didn’t get a contract shakes loose? Why not look at RFAs not qualified who are younger…dont understand this approach at all..

It's almost like nothing was learned from last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad