GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Since everyone is going to now twist these signings into some weird “everyone complains about everything”

Tell me how signing a 30 year old LHD and a 26 year old winger on day one of UFA is helping us get “younger and hungrier”?

Please explain to me how this is a coherent plan Dubas is following.
Inconsequential signings. If any youth shows a pulse they'll get minutes one would think. POJ had his chance and might yet get another. Who else is there?

The forwards won't be blocked by anyone signed yet

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
That Tanev deal...

I can stomach anyone if it's either short term or low money. If it's both term and money.... ugh, no.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’m fine with either of the players we’re tied to. They’ll be cheap and likely shorter term. Also not 33+ years old. Beau is a bit more intriguing based on past performance. The D is what it is. You can never have enough, IMO.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I also don’t understand the rush to sign Beauvillier and Grz even if they were buy low candidates…why sign them 12:01 on July 1 and tie up your money? Why not wait out the market and see if a better candidate who didn’t get a contract shakes loose? Why not look at RFAs not qualified who are younger…dont understand this approach at all..

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
I also don’t understand the rush to sign Beauvillier and Grz even if they were buy low candidates…why sign them 12:01 on July 1 and tie up your money? Why not wait out the market and see if a better candidate who didn’t get a contract shakes loose? Why not look at RFAs not qualified who are younger…dont understand this approach at all..
Yeah that’s what’s frustrating. If he signed those two on July 5th, then fine. It is what it is. He tried on others and they signed elsewhere. We’re not a popular destination so we might be stuck with guys like that. Hopefully they play well and we can flip them at the TDL.

But on day one? Why?

Reactions: Andy99

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
I know they aren't going to sign anyone of note, but beauville and grzelcyk? No interest in either. I'd rather take that money and offer it towards some combo of Bean, duclair, foegele, hayton and some young guys that could use a change of scenery on two ways like max Jones, Tyler Madden, Ivan morozov,

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah that’s what’s frustrating. If he signed those two on July 5th, then fine. It is what it is. He tried on others and they signed elsewhere. We’re not a popular destination so we might be stuck with guys like that. Hopefully they play well and we can flip them at the TDL.

But on day one? Why?

Kindergarten Kyle. A mixture of Sleepy and a trashcan.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I know they aren't going to sign anyone of note, but beauville and grzelcyk? No interest in either. I'd rather take that money and offer it towards some combo of Bean, duclair, foegele, hayton and some young guys that could use a change of scenery on two ways like max Jones, Tyler Madden, Ivan morozov,
What you want to do is what Dubas claims he was going to do.

What is going to happen is what Mike Sullivan wants to happen.

We all know who runs this franchise.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad