Confirmed with Link: Freddie Hamilton to CGY for conditional 7th

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Glencross will absolutely be my whipping boy if he makes the wan and plays with Duchene.

innocuous octopus

Sep 25, 2008
A little bit. His past production is used as his baseline rather than his peak production. I tend to think Barry Trotz and Mike Babcock are excellent coaches and there's a reason Glencross gets cut after these teams express very clear interest in acquiring him.

now they have an insider on the coaching style of two of the best coaches in the league. its perfect

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Pretty much seems to be people want whoever we don't have, like a month ago when everyone was dying to have glencross here on a PTO and now want nothing to do with him.

Exactly, it's pretty funny to me. I get that nobody expected them to go through the bargain bin to find Duchene a winger, nobody was asking for that. So to that extent I understand the unease and I share it. But I said before that this org doesn't bring in PTOs for fun like some others do (I think the Blues had 6). They were doing it with a plan in mind if the guys came in and did what they were asked and they'd find space for them. I bet Mezsaros was a serious option before Gormley happened. We wanted them to get rid of the bums and they have for the most part. I'm just not getting the care level up high over this, I hope he doesn't play with Duchene but the tea leaves are kinda indicating that.

Did the leafs sign any of their PTOs?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I get everyone jumping to the GlenX idea, but there is a benefit to trimming a contract. Some interesting names could still hit waivers or become available

I'll be honest though, my first thought was Bickell (retained) so GlenX is probably not the worst thing out there

member 116861

Damn, I liked Freddie but I doubt any of the other scrubs would have been able to be traded. Wouldn't be too upset with a Glencross signing but hopefully it means we go 14 forwards and he replaces Guenin.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
There are alot of players that are fine NHLers, but their contracts are holding them back from getting jobs on other teams. Bickell is a fine player but not at his cap hit. Lupul is another guy im sure the Leafs tried to move but his hit is even worse, even if he was healthy no one is touching him. But you watch him play and he can still be a contributor.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I still don't think Roy will keep GlenX on Dutchy's wing once the season starts, and if he does it won't be for long. The nice thing with our new found depth is that more line shuffling is possible. Grigs, Everberg, Rantanen, and Tanguay could all see time on Duchene's line depending on how the others are performing, and one has to work.

Roy saw how Grigs was mistreated in Buffalo, I doubt he puts him through the same process.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Woooooow. What must the trade process have been like for Sakic when a team offers him a conditional 7th and he says "Yeah, sure, whatever"? Hamilton was never going to get a real shot with this club, and maybe being in the same organization as his brother will be good for him. I just hope to god we don't sign Glencross. Skille I could grudgingly accept even though I don't like him, because he has worked hard in camp and produced a goal in preseason, but not Glencross. We have better, younger, stronger options for the 4th line who can play that game better, and better, younger, faster options for the top 9.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
And Scrivens? Dear god, we already have a dead-weight goalie on our team, what possible motivation would we have to bring in another one? Like it or not, we're stuck with Berra for a while because he's signed through 2017 and it will be a miracle if we can trade him (although maybe for a conditional 7th rounder? ;) ), but I can't imagine where Scrivens could possibly do us any good even in our farm clubs.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
pet peeve here...

Why are people writing Curtis Glencross's initials as GC? He's not Glen Cross. It should be CG. /rant

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Thanks BB!

caveman.jpg

"Blue Box" incoming...

...That's what the "BB" stood for, right?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Everyone? And like Avs_19 said those that wanted him wanted him far away from Matt.

I never said everyone wanted him, also never said I wanted him on Dutchy's wing. What I was getting at is that most people were begging for GlenX to be brought here on a PTO then once he ended up here after getting cut from Toronto he wasn't good enough for us, even though he could have partially been cut because he didn't fit with the Leafs.

The main reason for that point is the people hoping that Scrivens is picked up will be the first to cast him out if he doesn't be as good as Varly.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I get everyone jumping to the GlenX idea, but there is a benefit to trimming a contract. Some interesting names could still hit waivers or become available

I'll be honest though, my first thought was Bickell (retained) so GlenX is probably not the worst thing out there

If they just wanted the open contract then why sign him in the first place? I can see 2 reasons for this. 1) so they can sign GlenX and Skille and still have just 49 contracts. 2) Hamilton came into camp out of shape or something like that showing he didn't put in the work over the off-season (he was cut early, before ever getting a shot in a game even).

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I'm hoping the end game is to waive Holden and pick up Tinordi as the 7th D.

But I know in reality it's to sign Glencross to be the top line LW! :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad