Franchise player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghammer

Feb 21, 2004
London, ON
Captain Conservative said:
Heres my idea:

Hard cap of 37 million; Clubs have the ability to tag one player as a franchise player who is outside of the cap and there is no control on the salary of this one player.

What do you think?

Do you mean each team can choose a Franchise Player each year like the NFL or one permanently as long as their on that team?

I would be fine if it was similar to the NFL

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Captain Conservative said:
Heres my idea:

Hard cap of 37 million; Clubs have the ability to tag one player as a franchise player who is outside of the cap and there is no control on the salary of this one player.

What do you think?

Creates division between players, ruins chemistry, I don't like it. It might work for Calgary with only one star but other teams with two or more it causes too many problems. It also favours giving some players stupidly large contracts. If NYRs franchise player is an aging Jagr then they dump him and go after some other teams franchise player with an offer too big for the other team to match. If some teams can run $50m-60m payrolls then they have $20m to throw at other teams franchise players who might only have $43-45m max payroll.

Better off with a $43m hard cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad