GDT: FRA vs. SVK May 18, 2024

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Latvia will be tougher than France tomorrow, for them it's a playoff game already. A win for us gives us a chance to play for a 2nd spot the group in the last game, not that it matters much, I don't think we'll be a favorite against anyone from Group A.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
bad game, cheap goals conceded but important 3 points.. last year game like this againts weak opponent (Kazakhstan) cost us QF, same in 2016, 2015 or 2014.

so i am not going to cry about us not demolishing someone, even other top countries strugles in tournament againts weaker opponents, its not 2003 anymore where you put 5+ goals againts nations like this all the time.. the game is more even now than ever.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Second and third line have been great together so can’t switch those up but man the first line could use a change.
You can at most switch up a player or two from the 4th line. I think that line lacks a fast skater to complement Slaf. I mean in Montreal he has Suzuki and Caufield who cycle and are flying, complementing well Slaf's power game. But who can even come close to that from the 4th line?

Reactions: Antiillafire

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Latvia will be tougher than France tomorrow, for them it's a playoff game already. A win for us gives us a chance to play for a 2nd spot the group in the last game, not that it matters much, I don't think we'll be a favorite against anyone from Group A.
Imho, Canada is our best shot.

Reactions: tobu

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
You can at most switch up a player or two from the 4th line. I think that line lacks a fast skater to complement Slaf. I mean in Montreal he has Suzuki and Caufield who cycle and are flying, complementing well Slaf's power game. But who can even come close to that from the 4th line?
Kudrna.. at least with his speed.

Reactions: tobu

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
i dont like picking opponents for PO, its weak mentality.. if we are there and want some succes, we have to beat anyone to achieve that.

in 2012 we won againts stacked Canada, so i dont know why we should be worried about who we might be getting now.. this team already proved they can beat anyone in this tournament.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Hrivik is more similar to Suzuki and I don’t think he’s bad. He’s merely a link between Slaf and “x” . So far Cehlarik hasn’t been able to fill the role of “x”. It’s a shame I would have tried a guy like Sykora if he wasn’t playing in AHL playoffs. Need a guy who can skate and forecheck on that top line

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
You want us.. we are your best chance. I obviously don't want us to play but that is your best opponent for the quarters. Your pool's crossover is a nightmare.. Sweden will win the pool and are very likely getting Finland as a 'reward'. That's an awful crossover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad