Value of: Fowler + Stoner to New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
ducks fans expect a top 6 LW, one with multiple years of control left apparently. 2 years of a guy (like JVR) isnt enough for 2 years of Fowler:laugh:

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
The question is if Lindy will even sign here. If he doesn't want to it's all moot. Fowler is signed and we have Theo who can obviously take Lindholms place. I'm expecting this week Lindholm will be treated like Bobby Ryan scenario. So the next trade threads should be Lindholm to whomever

Is this sarcasm

Nothing indicates that Lindholm wants out, and frankly it's more likely that Anaheim's being a bit cheap.

Ducksgo*

Is this sarcasm

Nothing indicates that Lindholm wants out, and frankly it's more likely that Anaheim's being a bit cheap.

I'm giving an honest opinion. Is this a Bobby Ryan scenario all over again? Regardless of the contracts? We've already been there and done that. And maybe it's because I'm a bit upset because he and Rakell haven't signed already, but at the same time we have to look at other alternatives

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
ducks fans expect a top 6 LW, one with multiple years of control left apparently. 2 years of a guy (like JVR) isnt enough for 2 years of Fowler:laugh:

What are you talking about? I think most Ducks fans would be ok with getting JVR, though JVR costs a bit more than Fowler which I think could be resolved (not sure how exactly though). Love that you had to come into a thread that didn't involve the Leafs at all just to take a dig at Ducks fans though. :shakehead

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
So no fan of a team can talk about their player because their eyes have bias. Right...:shakehead
No, taken out of the book of Collision Avoidance Rules, "they shall use all available means appropriate" which includes eyes and advanced statistics. It's a similar situation to Merrill who passed the eye test two years ago but underperformed miserably by advanced statistics. Last year he failed the eye test as well.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No, taken out of the book of Collision Avoidance Rules, "they shall use all available means appropriate" which includes eyes and advanced statistics. It's a similar situation to Merrill who passed the eye test two years ago but underperformed miserably by advanced statistics. Last year he failed the eye test as well.

Ok, but you also need to use context with those stats as well. Fowler is a #2 defensemen asked to a #1's job, while carrying a #6th defensemen, in a shutdown role which isn't his strongest aspect. He's just not going to have good fancy stats in that role, but he still passes the eye test and the on ice test (Ducks have been one of the top teams with him being the most used defensemen).

Ducksgo*

What are you talking about? I think most Ducks fans would be ok with getting JVR, though JVR costs a bit more than Fowler which I think could be resolved (not sure how exactly though). Love that you had to come into a thread that didn't involve the Leafs at all just to take a dig at Ducks fans though. :shakehead

We need retention though Dracom. That's why we went to Detroit for Tatar

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Quit using your eyes, they have bias.

Stop using advanced stats only they don't show the entire picture. Teams have scouts because they know you need to use your eyes to see what someone is good at and not so good at and that will never change.

John Quenneville, 2018 1st For Fowler.

If we are trading Fowler we need someone who helps us win now and I don't see that here so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad