former Thrashers fan here....(Congrats thread from other teams fans)

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Thanks for opening the door, Telfo, and welcome to all Thrashers fans who still feel a connection to the team. We already have a number of ex-Thrashers loyalists who are part of our HF Jets "core" :nod:
As others have said, we can empathize with your loss of a team, but hope you can now share our newfound success.
Perhaps if we find ourselves a large enough Atlanta fan base, we could meet up for an OOT game some time.
Nashville is only a few hours drive from Atlanta, right?

And Romang too :sarcasm:

Geoff72

Mar 25, 2015
Toronto
Congrats from a Lightning fan

Just wanted to stop by and offer a very BIG congratulations for the playoff birth. I absolutely love the makeup of your team. I have never rooted for another team besides my Lightning, but your team is making it very hard not to have a favorite in the west. The Jets are going to be a force for several years. Best of luck in the playoffs unless they have to play the Lightning for the Cup.

SouthernIce

Nov 20, 2012
Really didn't know how I would feel when this finally happened...but I think I am happy for your guys. I am happy that the core of Thrashers that were here were able to eventually lead that team to the playoffs. I wouldn't really call myself a fan of them anymore but I certainly still pay attention and follow them with some weird kind of apathy. I am super happy for guys like Slater and Thorburn who have been with this franchise forever and deserve a long playoff run.

So I guess I am just saying congrats guys and I hope it is a long playoff run. It would be great to see even if they aren't the called the Thrashers anymore. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Good post Telfo, good post. I pulled out my Enstrom and Little jerseys to display for the playoffs. I wish I had a Thorburn to display too. Good luck guys!

Backtothebush

Apr 7, 2015
Winnipeg MB
I agree with earlier posts as well as your own statement. Classy of you, we have shared that pain and are all happy for the veterans on the team getting their shot!

iamtheratio

Oct 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Another Atlanta fan here... I was at the very first Atlanta Thrashers playoff game and I only wish I could be there at the MTS Centre for the first Jets 2.0 playoff game.

When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg I was probably the only person in the city that was some-what excited about it. I knew my boys would finally be able to reach their full potential in Winnipeg. Something that the ASG would never allow happen here in Atlanta. Winnipeg has proven they are the complete organization from Ownership down and I'm so lucky to be apart of that.

I was a huge fan of the Atlanta Thrashers but wanna know a secret? I absolutely LOVE the Jets. There's just something incredibly powerful about being part of this fan base.

Is it April 15th yet or what?! GJG!!!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thanks a lot for the kind words, good luck to you guys in the playoffs. Will be cheering for the Lightning to put the final nail in the Bruins coffin tomorrow if they aren't eliminated beforehand. Give them a good lickin' anyways haha

Telfo

THRASHERS(and Golden Knights too)
Oct 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Another Atlanta fan here... I was at the very first Atlanta Thrashers playoff game and I only wish I could be there at the MTS Centre for the first Jets 2.0 playoff game.

When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg I was probably the only person in the city that was some-what excited about it. I knew my boys would finally be able to reach their full potential in Winnipeg. Something that the ASG would never allow happen here in Atlanta. Winnipeg has proven they are the complete organization from Ownership down and I'm so lucky to be apart of that.

I was a huge fan of the Atlanta Thrashers but wanna know a secret? I absolutely LOVE the Jets. There's just something incredibly powerful about being part of this fan base.

Is it April 15th yet or what?! GJG!!!

I too was at that first game...I will never forget seeing us give up a goal that bounced off boards at the blue line :laugh:

I guess I am on the bandwagon for the playoffs at least. Rooting for my old team is more fun than rooting for nobody. I will try to hang around the GDT's and such a bit.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Just wanted to stop by and offer a very BIG congratulations for the playoff birth. I absolutely love the makeup of your team. I have never rooted for another team besides my Lightning, but your team is making it very hard not to have a favorite in the west. The Jets are going to be a force for several years. Best of luck in the playoffs unless they have to play the Lightning for the Cup.
Thanks.
I believe it was our last-minute win against Tampa in mid March, with a decimated lineup, that turned around the Jets' fortunes this season.
I was fortunate enough to be at that game. Tampa has a great arena, wonderful fan base and great team.
Good luck in the East (Strange to say that last bit to someone who lives in Vancouver).

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg

well it's never too late to have a second team ;)

Geoff72

Mar 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks.
I believe it was our last-minute win against Tampa in mid March, with a decimated lineup, that turned around the Jets' fortunes this season.
I was fortunate enough to be at that game. Tampa has a great arena, wonderful fan base and great team.
Good luck in the East (Strange to say that last bit to someone who lives in Vancouver).

Odd I know. In fairness to myself I just moved here the end of last year from the Bahamas. We will just say my Lightning fandom is well traveled.

Thanks to all the well wishers for the Lightning in this thread. Here is to both of our teams meeting in the finals. Sooooo glad you guys are in the west instead of that old southeast division, mostly so we only have to play you guys twice a year.

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Congrats from a Habs Fan

Nice to see you guys back where you belong.............Wish you all the Luck and would be a great match up for us to meet

Screw the American Ratings..........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad