former Thrashers fan here....(Congrats thread from other teams fans)

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
That sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

Is that from a movie?

A dream of mine perhaps.

Did you dream about this:

ron+hainsey.jpg

?

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
Jets fan from Edmonton here, bought the jersey a couple months after their resurrection! Also converted my username to coincide the Jets with the name of my ragdoll cat, who's napping in front of the keyboard now. Anyway, my congrats as well and lets go duck hunting!

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Just wanna say how cool all the other teams fans are who pop over here and give their good wishes.

May all your playoff teams win 15 games and may all you lottery teams receive a franchise player!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Congrats to the Jets and all their fans.

May they win the majority of their games by a score of 6-1.

Blast from the past, gone but not forgotten. Hope all is well.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Another Atlanta fan here... I was at the very first Atlanta Thrashers playoff game and I only wish I could be there at the MTS Centre for the first Jets 2.0 playoff game.

When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg I was probably the only person in the city that was some-what excited about it. I knew my boys would finally be able to reach their full potential in Winnipeg. Something that the ASG would never allow happen here in Atlanta. Winnipeg has proven they are the complete organization from Ownership down and I'm so lucky to be apart of that.

I was a huge fan of the Atlanta Thrashers but wanna know a secret? I absolutely LOVE the Jets. There's just something incredibly powerful about being part of this fan base.

Is it April 15th yet or what?! GJG!!!

Love this.

When we lost the Jets back in 97, I felt like they were leaving for a worse situation. I didn't feel they would flourish in Phoenix, they wouldn't get the support they had in the Peg, and the management group was not going to lead them to greener pastures. It made it hard to remain a fan.

With the Thrashers, I believe there were a faithful few that supported the team through thick and thin, but with management handling the team in the manner they did, it made it difficult for them attracting new fans. One playoff appearance throughout their Atlanta history just wasn't going to get the job done in a southern market.

As a fan of this team and market, we will welcome any and all Atlanta fans that want to join us in cheering "our" team on in this playoff march. I know having lost a team, its hard to watch your team flourish in another market. But we can relate, understanding exactly how that feels.

The difference with the Thrashers/Jets than the Jets/Coyotes is I believe the Thrashers are in much better management hands, possibly the best management group in the league. I also think that we are an easy market to cheer for. We are the little engine that could, we are the small market that the league wanted nothing to do with for the better part of 2 decades, we are the underdog.

Chevy kept the best parts of the Atlanta team, cut the fat and replaced it with young solid talent. Atlanta fans have lots to cheer for from their team, so cheer loud and appreciate watching the players they use to cheer for finally get a shot at post season.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Congrats from a former Thrashers STH, really happy for you guys and looking forward to rooting hard for the Jets.

It makes it even better for me with the additions of Drew & Tyler. It's been a long couple of years for this hockey fan (ATL moving, BUF rebuild/tank).

I'm all aboard (nice to see some of the old ATL posters again).

Good Luck. Pound the Ducks.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks Altanta, you guys provided us with the core that's allowing us to do what we've done this year. The origins of this team stem from Altanta, you guys deserve a lot of the credit.

Cheers

True South

Apr 10, 2015
You're welcome! Atlanta did some things very right, especially in the last four seasons, to build a base. Unfortunately, they didn't build upon that base and get the pieces to put it all together. They cheaped out on coaches (goalies and head coaches), centers, veteran goaltending, and the organization as a whole. They rushed Bogosian and Kane very badly. It was painful watching them in the last two seasons, and I walked out of several games - they simply weren't competitive, and weren't playing in any way to develop the young guys. They even turned Little into a frustrated head case for a while that couldn't hit the side of a barn with a bag of rice. They freakin' let Bogosian play most of a season with a damaged wrist. That's how cheap and unprofessional The Thrashers were. And what did the team (and yes sadly even some of the players) do? They blamed the crowds. I was buying tickets, but I had nothing to cheer for.

I still can't believe the team once had Hossa, Savard, and Kovalchuk at the same time and didn't put the supporting cast together to have a great playoff run.

Hossa got 100 points. On the Thrashers! That is like getting 490 points on a good team. ;)

Anyway...GO JETS GO!

foreverATLANTA

Dec 30, 2011
Atlanta
SO EXCITED that we are in the playoffs again. It's been a long drought. I've been a fan of this team since 1999 and I'm still sour about how things played out. I'm happy this team wound up with such great fans and ownership in Winnipeg. I can't wait to watch the first game we play in Winnipeg - it's going to be crazy I'm sure. If only I could afford tickets to a game and a flight to Winnipeg. I miss going to games :(

On a side note, the biggest thing that killed the Thrashers wasn't the fans, but our wonderful ownership.

The Atlanta "Spirit". Too busy battling against one another in and out of court. They never wanted to own a hockey team and it was blatantly obvious over the years IMO.

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wow, haven't logged on in almost a year. Nice to see some of the old Thrashers posters again and the ones that have stuck around.

Just wanted to pop back on to say awesome job Jets! I'll be watching proudly. Wish I could make it to a game!

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
It is so great to see Thrasher fans still rooting for the team! :handclap:

We here in Winnipeg really do understand what you have gone through and are still going through.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
SO EXCITED that we are in the playoffs again. It's been a long drought. I've been a fan of this team since 1999 and I'm still sour about how things played out. I'm happy this team wound up with such great fans and ownership in Winnipeg. I can't wait to watch the first game we play in Winnipeg - it's going to be crazy I'm sure. If only I could afford tickets to a game and a flight to Winnipeg. I miss going to games :(

On a side note, the biggest thing that killed the Thrashers wasn't the fans, but our wonderful ownership.

The Atlanta "Spirit". Too busy battling against one another in and out of court. They never wanted to own a hockey team and it was blatantly obvious over the years IMO.

Yea I remember the one photo of the Octotards all in a basketball huddle (during happier days) and the picture was worth 1000 words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad