Former Ducks (2024-25 edition)

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
It was a a bit heartwarming to see Perry and Montour with the long hug after the handshake line.

btw, did anyone else hear them mention Perry had said this was not his last game, and that he intends to keep playing? (assuming someone wants him).

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I'd be all for bringing back Pears for 1M/1.5M and in a limited mentoring role. He definitely deserves - needs! - to retire a Duck.

Edit: with the rebrand coming in, it really would be full circle and a wonderful story if he retired in, basically, the jersey/logo he began his pro career in.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
perry should come back to anaheim for a season and retire here. plus it'll save him the heartache of losing in yet another SCF

It be all for bringing back Pears for 1M/1.5M and in a limited mentoring role. He definitely deserves - needs! - to retire a Duck.
Wouldn't mind him teaching Cutter and McTavish how to be pests and do the 'whoops I accidently crashed into the other teams goalie, refs it was an accident I swear'.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
Robert Hägg to Anaheim: “Why did you even sign me at all?”

Last month, while he was still considering his options for the 2024-25 season, Robert Hägg gave an interview with a Swedish reporter for Expressen.se where he expressed some of his disappointment with how things worked out in Anaheim.

Now, after signing a one-year, two-way contract with the Vegas Golden Knights, the 29-year-old Swedish defenseman has opened up more, according to website HockeyNews.se.
“I immediately asked, ‘Why did you even sign me at all?’,” when he got the news about going back to the San Diego Gulls. “I’m not a junior anymore, I've been playing here for 10 years. You had this in mind when you signed me, so why couldn’t you be honest from the start? They had no answer, so it was just a matter of biting the bullet and soldiering on.”

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm all for transparency, and I'm sympathetic to Hagg. Perhaps the organization should have been more forthright with him.

On the other hand, Robert Hagg is not good. He might get some time in Vegas as an injury call-up, but he's not long for the NHL methinks.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I'm all for transparency, and I'm sympathetic to Hagg. Perhaps the organization should have been more forthright with him.

On the other hand, Robert Hagg is not good. He might get some time in Vegas as an injury call-up, but he's not long for the NHL methinks.
Also, he had a 1-way contract so he got the money either way. Teams don't plan for NHL contracts to be in the AHL, sometimes it just happens. Honestly Hägg should have seen it coming.

We don't know what was said or promised or how much player should have bought into it. Fact is now he has a two-way deal with Vegas with slim chances of getting NHL time. So, did he not get the best deal possible and it just didn't work out? And Ducks probably bombed their AHL budget in the meantime.

Reactions: Yemeth

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if they promised hagg a spot with the big club and then sent him right to SD, then that's a bad look for the FO

but its not like hagg is even an NHL caliber player at this point. he's nothing more than an AHL body to call up when there's injuries

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Robert Hägg to Anaheim: “Why did you even sign me at all?”

Last month, while he was still considering his options for the 2024-25 season, Robert Hägg gave an interview with a Swedish reporter for Expressen.se where he expressed some of his disappointment with how things worked out in Anaheim.

Now, after signing a one-year, two-way contract with the Vegas Golden Knights, the 29-year-old Swedish defenseman has opened up more, according to website HockeyNews.se.

Lol... I get why he's disappointed he didn't get to play NHL games, but acting like the organization did him dirty because he lost his spot to guys like Mintyukov, Luneau, and LaCombe who the team is obviously more invested in is pretty funny. If things were that bad here, could've refused to report to the AHL and gotten a termination to test the market but I guess the one way salary was enough to keep him happy until the Samuelis stopped being the ones giving him his paychecks. And if anyone was prepared to give him NHL minutes, he wouldn't have cleared waivers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad