Proposal: For Blackhawks fans: Debrincat for NJD 1st rounder.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
NJ odds are currently 8.5% to win the #1 overall pick.

Chicago's odds are 6.7%.

Why on earth would we trade Debrincat for an extra 1.8%...

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

Chicago's odds are 6.7%.

Funny, math in this scenario you wouldn't be trading for an extra 1.8% you'd be trading to get an additional 8.5% in addition to your as your 6.7%
Chicago doesn't even consider this trade though

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Cats cost would be 2 first round picks plus a 2nd

Or a 1st
Elite level prospect
Plus a 2nd
OR 1ST
PLUS nhl level promising player and high level prospect

Cat is a bona-fide 40 to 50 goal scorer any team pursuing him will have to come up with one of those packages

Reactions: Space umpire

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

Chicago's odds are 6.7%.

Cat would bring back multiple high draft picks plus prospects, the team is heading into a full rebuild, why hang onto him ? Chicago is many years away from thinking of m competing hence you move cat to help with gaining young elite prospects or multiple high draft picks

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
For Blackhawks fans: (other fans can chime in too!)

New Jersey currently has the 4th worst points percentage in the league, ahead of only Seattle, Arizona, and Montreal. With both Bernier and Blackwood out for the rest of the season, and third string goaltender Wedgewood lost to waivers to Arizona earlier this year, it's possible they continue to fall in the standings.

As of now, NJ has these percent chances in the draft:
1st overall - 9.7%
2nd overall - 9.9%
4th overall - 13.7%
5th overall - 43.6%
6th overall - 23.1%

Would you trade Alex DeBrincat to NJ for our unprotected 2022 1st round pick + Pavel Zacha + Jesper Boqvist?
Not even close for the Cat.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Funny, math in this scenario you wouldn't be trading for an extra 1.8% you'd be trading to get an additional 8.5% in addition to your as your 6.7%
Chicago doesn't even consider this trade though
Right. Not sure why I was thinking they'd be swapping picks rather than adding. My mistake.

Last edited:

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Cat would bring back multiple high draft picks plus prospects, the team is heading into a full rebuild, why hang onto him ? Chicago is many years away from thinking of m competing hence you move cat to help with gaining young elite prospects or multiple high draft picks
Isn’t Debrincat only 24 and would be considered entering his Prime when this supposed rebuild would be theoretically ending?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
DeBrincat/Kane works so why not DeBrincat/Hughes! The only problem is the price New Jersey would have to pay in a hypothetical trade would be exorbitant.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
DeBrincat scores goals but he also PKs and is not at all soft. He is way closer to Marchand than Kessel in play style. He really isn't like either player, but he REALLY isn't like Kessel.

Reactions: hawksrule

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Isn’t Debrincat only 24 and would be considered entering his Prime when this supposed rebuild would be theoretically ending?

Yes he is 24 so looking at a full rebuild cat would be wasting his prime years if he decides to stay , but than again why would chicago put themselves in a position to overpay him and get no benefits from a guy at 28 or 30 by the time chicago might be ready to compete.

Crawford was drafted in 03 but didn't come up until 2010 and right now chicago has to many spots to address.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Yes he is 24 so looking at a full rebuild cat would be wasting his prime years if he decides to stay , but than again why would chicago put themselves in a position to overpay him and get no benefits from a guy at 28 or 30 by the time chicago might be ready to compete.

Crawford was drafted in 03 but didn't come up until 2010 and right now chicago has to many spots to address.

Crawford is a goalie.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Crawford is a goalie.

Correct I was merely using him as a example as to the length of time it takes to get these kids ready especially defenseman and goalies.

Right now all they really have is Reichel and a few defenseman.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS

28 would be entering his prime, so if that’s his age when they exit the rebuild why wouldn’t that be a perfect fit?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
For Blackhawks fans: (other fans can chime in too!)

New Jersey currently has the 4th worst points percentage in the league, ahead of only Seattle, Arizona, and Montreal. With both Bernier and Blackwood out for the rest of the season, and third string goaltender Wedgewood lost to waivers to Arizona earlier this year, it's possible they continue to fall in the standings.

As of now, NJ has these percent chances in the draft:
1st overall - 9.7%
2nd overall - 9.9%
4th overall - 13.7%
5th overall - 43.6%
6th overall - 23.1%

Would you trade Alex DeBrincat to NJ for our unprotected 2022 1st round pick + Pavel Zacha + Jesper Boqvist?
I wouldn't do this and I'm a Devils fan, obviously.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I don't really follow the Hawks but with them extending Jones and keeping Kane and Toews I can't see them trying to rebuild yet.
The GM that made those moves isn't in the organization anymore.

They are nowhere near a playoff team, let alone attempting to contend for a cup or in any kind of "win now" mode, lol come on.

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
28 would be entering his prime, so if that’s his age when they exit the rebuild why wouldn’t that be a perfect fit?

Actually that's not true most hockey players are in their prime in their early 20's to mid 20's by 28 to 30 most players especially forwards their productivity drops significantly.

Very few players keep excelling into their early 30's. Hossa , kane , ovie as examples of players who play or played at a higher level.

Sharp tailored off around 30 .

A full rebuild has no time table that any team can say for sure will be completed.
Cat I believe has 1 more year so any team if acquired would be getting a huge bargain in terms of salary for a 40 to 50 goal scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad