OT: Football thread (2024 season)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah but the Jets are also the least clutch team in history of sports .
They’ve been within 1 score at the end of each game besides San Fran and Pittsburgh and they’ve failed each time , either on offense or on defense. When it really matters they always blow it. In the NFL it’s about making plays, winning your 1 on 1s. And they never do.

Isn't Rodgers's rep his whole career that he's great with a lead and not so much playing from behind?

Reactions: sbjnyc

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's time for a brand new regime. This offense is still pitiful and lacks life. The defense just falls apart when it matters.

There are talented players on this roster, no doubt in my mind, it's become very apparent they are poorly coached or have tuned out the guys there.

All of this has to be done without Rodgers. His time is up. It's rough to go that way, but it's not working.

Right now I'd be pawning off Tyron Smith. You'd get a good pick for him from a contender as a veteran tackle that can play. I'd also have Hall on the market too, there are three capable backs on the roster.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
They are also losing games in weird ways. Like last second drives being intercepted. I never thought NE could drive the field for a win. Never imagined it. Almost like the Jets have a cloud handing over it so far this season.
that cloud looking a lot like some 40 year old dude who went to college at Cal

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Most bullshit ass Hail Mary I’ve ever seen lol, Bears defenders beefed that so hard. Impressive huck by Daniel’s though considering he looks so frail
They guy who screwed up for the Bears was messing around before it was kicked. He is going to hear about it for sure.

that cloud looking a lot like some 40 year old dude who went to college at Cal

That may be the case but if it is I would guess it was more his attitude than his passing.

Reactions: FultonReed

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
The Jets are a bunch of players not a team. They are one of the worst coached teams. They have a vanilla offense and defense. Rodgers thinks he’s Superman and has to run the offense his way leading to delay of games and time outs. There’s no accountability. I think these young players have all relaxed and thought success would come because Rodgers is here. Sauce, Garrett and Breece have regressed from elite to inconsistent and lifeless. I wonder if the guys are sick of Rodgers and mailed it in? Not sure but they need to clean house in the off-season. Bring in an actual coach like Mike Vrabel to right the ship and trust he can pick a bright offensive mind for OC. Not that I love Dan Quinn but look at how they look with Kliff Kingsbury. We need to go that similar route.

The question is does Woody or JD have the balls to get a few picks for their misses like Smith, Reddick, Williams, Adams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad