OT: Football thread (2024 season)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Jets losing some games this season I can understand. Pitt played hard but losing to this NE roster? That is insane. The Jets probably have 5-8 Probowl caliber players. NE may have 0.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Some of the passes weren't bad, but receivers dropped balls at all the wrong times (sounds familiar, don't it?).
You are right. I may have exaggerated a little bit but up till the last drive I think they only had around 100 yards passing. I believe if the Jets ran the ball just a little more (say 5 more runs) they would have won this game. Breece had some success. They ran it on the last drive when they wanted to kill clock. That is the hardest time to run it. This loss really is nuts. I do not like the Jets so I'm happy. This has to sting.

The easy scapegoat will be the kicker. Obviously that played a role but NE had no business winning this game regardless in my opinion.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I just realized that Douglas is on the Daniel Jones path. Maybe in year 7 he'll finally get it.

29-62, hired an awful coaching staff, and missed horribly bad on his QB draft pick.

Amazing he’s still here, but not worth worrying about that now, the whole building will be gone.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
You are right. I may have exaggerated a little bit but up till the last drive I think they only had around 100 yards passing. I believe if the Jets ran the ball just a little more (say 5 more runs) they would have won this game. Breece had some success. They ran it on the last drive when they wanted to kill clock. That is the hardest time to run it. This loss really is nuts. I do not like the Jets so I'm happy. This has to sting.

The easy scapegoat will be the kicker. Obviously that played a role but NE had no business winning this game regardless in my opinion.
I'm a long time fan, but I've long disliked Rodgers (due to my affection for the Vikes). But I can honestly say, this is the first time I've been happy with a Jets loss. Maybe it will hasten a changing of the guard (although my guts says "no way").

It's one thing to want to win, but Johnson really went overboard making himself look like an idiot by handing the "keys to the kingdom" to Rodgers, allowing him to pick his OC as well as the players HE wanted to play with. I thought that was the job of management and the coaching staff. And as we've seen, the wrong people would took the fall for all the failures.

The sad part is that it's only going to get worse.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Jets won't be relevant till Woody Johnson sells the team or the more morbid option, it's pretty simple. Stems down from the ownership
I doubt the family is any more football savvy than Woody is. Jets need an owner who can hire football people to make football decisions (ala Cohen who hired Stearns).

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I doubt the family is any more football savvy than Woody is. Jets need an owner who can hire football people to make football decisions (ala Cohen who hired Stearns).

Sure, the Johnsons in general have to sell but their ownership is beyond garbage. The roster can get ripped too, I don't really want to go into it. I've done it on the Devils boards the past few weeks but I just wanted to drop in here since you guys tend to have a way more active football thread than ours lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I never said that. Didn't even know who he was when he was hired

Sure, the Johnsons in general have to sell but their ownership is beyond garbage. The roster can get ripped too, I don't really want to go into it. I've done it on the Devils boards the past few weeks but I just wanted to drop in here since you guys tend to have a way more active football thread than ours lol
If they show they can hire competent personnel to run the team, then I have no problem with them retaining their ownership. Call me jaded, but I can't seem to get rid of the Wilpon nightmares.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I never said that. Didn't even know who he was when he was hired

If they show they can hire competent personnel to run the team, then I have no problem with them retaining their ownership. Call me jaded, but I can't seem to get rid of the Wilpon nightmares.

They're arguably worse than the Wilpons, Chris Johnson hired Adam Gase when Woody was being Trump's lackey in the UK and Woody Johnson has inserted himself three times already this season on personnel decisions. He fired Saleh without telling JD, he ok'd the Davante trade and he talked to Reddick on his own. That's beyond disgusting, sit in your f***ing office and go play with a Rubik's cube and not meddle with the franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad