OT: Football thread (2024 season)

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I'm curious who is making that decision. Is it the coach? Hackett? Rodgers? Sometimes when I see that around the league on teams with good lines and backs I think its just to stat pad. Even with a bad line if you spread the defense out by going 3 or 4 at WR its pretty hard not to pick up 1 yard in 3-4 downs at the goal line.
That's a good question....I would normally say it's the coach who's calling the plays (definitely not Hackett anymore)....but my gut tells me it's Rodgers.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Really questionable call to go for it by Cincy coach on 4th and 1. They are only done by 1 score. You just got stuffed on 3rd and 1. You are still in the 3rd QTR. Why give Philly the ball around your own 39?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If you look at the Jets roster and NE roster you would be hard pressed to find many players on offense or defense that people would prefer on NE. The fact that this game is close is nuts but they do say on any given Sunday.

Cincy held Philly to a FG but its like the Cincy coach just handed Cincy the 3 points to make it a 2 score lead.

By the way Cincy looks a lot different without Higgins. He is so large and so hard to stop at WR.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Feels like the Cincy team kind of shut down in some ways after the missed 4th and 1 call by their coach. Maybe the coach felt it was now or never but even the announcers were saying not to go for it before the play.

Garrett Wilson is the real deal. Seeing Davante Adams as a 2nd WR says how good Wilson is as a WR.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Winston just threw the ball right to the Ravens safety Hamilton. It was such a horrible pass for an int and Hamilton dropped it. That would have won the game for the Ravens. Next play Winston throws a TD. Hamilton is going to have nightmares of that drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad