Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1729402360415.png

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I just heard on 1010 WINS that Jets and Reddick have agreed to "a modified contract" and Reddick will report tomorrow morning.
Jets waived over $12 mill in fines. They must really think this is their year so they are going for it. If I was a Jets fan Id appreciate that effort after so many down years.

Reactions: majordomo

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
And as a Jets fan, I am still skeptical.
After so many down years that is totally normal but this is a weak year for the AFC and the AFC East. How many teams in the AFC have more talent? Could come down to Rodgers. I'm not a Jets fan but they really have stacked talent on that team. Look at that defense. Look at those WR. They just added Davante and Reddick? That is not a 2-4 team on paper.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Jets waived over $12 mill in fines. They must really think this is their year so they are going for it. If I was a Jets fan Id appreciate that effort after so many down years.
Guy on TV said the fines were not technically waived. That makes more sense because I did not think the team even was allowed to waive those kind of fines. Instead the restructured deal has incentives so that Reddick can make up for the fines. I think Reddick's new agent made Reddick realize he was coming out the big loser in how this situation was playing out so they needed to figure out a way to get him back on the field.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
After so many down years that is totally normal but this is a weak year for the AFC and the AFC East. How many teams in the AFC have more talent? Could come down to Rodgers. I'm not a Jets fan but they really have stacked talent on that team. Look at that defense. Look at those WR. They just added Davante and Reddick? That is not a 2-4 team on paper.
When I look back, it seems to me that the Jets always managed to have an adequate defense. Historically (IMO), their problems have always been offense (or lack thereof).

Reactions: NickyFotiu

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I saw on the Jets reddit that the Jets have the weakest remaining schedule?

If that’s true, and they still manage to miss the playoffs, move the franchise to London

• Haha

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
When I look back, it seems to me that the Jets always managed to have an adequate defense. Historically (IMO), their problems have always been offense (or lack thereof).

I can see that but outside of the Oline the Jets are stacked on offense as well. If they are going all in (looks that way) they should try to trade for Oline help.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Outside of not getting a long term deal, not sure how this isn’t an absolute win for Reddick. Didn’t have to go through camp, missed 7 games, and is going to get all his money back with easy incentives, plus still gets to go to free agency.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Outside of not getting a long term deal, not sure how this isn’t an absolute win for Reddick. Didn’t have to go through camp, missed 7 games, and is going to get all his money back with easy incentives, plus still gets to go to free agency.
Once Johnson tore his achillles Reddick probably threw a party

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Well there’s also the scenario where he skipped camp, isn’t in shape or game ready, isn’t motivated on a one year deal, and puts up a poor performance and then doesn’t get the big long term deal he wanted

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He's not getting all his money back...sounds like he's getting enough to offset the 12M in fines plus something on top of that. He would've made more money by actually suiting up.

Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I can see that but outside of the Oline the Jets are stacked on offense as well. If they are going all in (looks that way) they should try to trade for Oline help.
THe O-line has been their biggest weakness.

I saw on the Jets reddit that the Jets have the weakest remaining schedule?

If that’s true, and they still manage to miss the playoffs, move the franchise to London
Or they can become the Alaska Aleuts.

trueblue30nyr

Jan 31, 2011
Manhattan
Technically, if they had a kicker worth a damn, they'd be 4-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad