OT: Football thread (2024 season)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Being a Giants fan is literally starting to hurt my heart. We were already missing 5 starters plus our 2022 #7 overall tackle on the bench. Now our only above average Olinemen goes down?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Jets are making the playoffs. The haters and losers (of which there are many) will be furious.

In all seriousness, if you're a New York fan writing off a 2-4 team after seeing what the Mets just did after a bad start to the season, you are choosing to be negative.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Andrew Thomas likely out for season after surgery.

Thibs out at least 4 games after surgery.

Gilliam out.

Singletery out last 2 games

Nabers out last two games with concussion.

Gano out most the season so far.

Thats 6 starters. Its painful being a Giants fan. ☹️

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Gilliam out.

It's been 13 years of dreck. Mara needs the NFL to step in again.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's been 13 years of dreck. Mara needs the NFL to step in again.
I see people say things like that BUT the hiring of Schoen and Dabes were praised. I think Joe and Dabes both have some good points but the oline has killed us for so long. Part of that is investing a #7 pick in Neal. Another part was Dabes bringing his buddy in to coach them for 2 years. Now AT is injured again. Not all Mara, Joe, nor Dabes fault. It is just a shame.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Jets are making the playoffs. The haters and losers (of which there are many) will be furious.

In all seriousness, if you're a New York fan writing off a 2-4 team after seeing what the Mets just did after a bad start to the season, you are choosing to be negative.
Jets probably will make the playoffs. AFC is pretty weak so far this season. Does that mean Rodgers comes back? At what price?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
At what point is the NFL just a shitty shitty product? Every season there are huge injuries around the league. The way I see it no matter how bad the refs are and how shitty the QBing and O-lines are, every season half the league being out for the season is the bar none worst flaw of this shitty league.

Being a Giants fan is literally starting to hurt my heart. We were already missing 5 starters plus our 2022 #7 overall tackle on the bench. Now our only above average Olinemen goes down?

Eleumenor is above average and the line in general has been good. But now will suck because Ezudu is trash.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Gilliam out.

This is all true, but one of those guys is a kicker, and the other is an RB who is worse than the guy that replaced him. Giants don’t have it so bad on the injury front.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
This is all true, but one of those guys is a kicker, and the other is an RB who is worse than the guy that replaced him. Giants don’t have it so bad on the injury front.
Nabers is looking like a rookie of the year candidate. Thomas is arguably a top 2-3 LT in the game. Lawrence and Burns are banged up, Thibodeaux is out, Singletary missed 2 games. What are you talking about. The Giants lost to Washington because they didn't have Gano and probably Dallas as well. If those guys remained healthy, they're at least 3-3

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
At what point is the NFL just a shitty shitty product? Every season there are huge injuries around the league. The way I see it no matter how bad the refs are and how shitty the QBing and O-lines are, every season half the league being out for the season is the bar none worst flaw of this shitty league.

Eleumenor is above average and the line in general has been good. But now will suck because Ezudu is trash.

I think injuries are a big reason some teams fluctuate so much. Not sure anything can be done about them though.

I like Eleumenor a lot and he has been solid at RT but if he was viewed as an above average tackle he would have been offered a lot more than $7 mill a season imo.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

A kicker probably cost us at least 1 win in the first 6 games.

Tracy has done a good job in his first 2 games as starter but he has really only had 1 good game.

Our WR1 missing games is big because we don't have much after him and little threat at TE.

Thibs was our leading sack guy last season.

Gilliam is our punter and our holder. We had 2 missed field goals last game.

AT is by far our best lineman. Last season when he was out it was literally dangerous for our QB. EZ his replacement was crying after his missed block led to an injury.

Maybe other teams are deep enough to replace 6 injured starters but the Giants need those guys.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think injuries are a big reason some teams fluctuate so much. Not sure anything can be done about them though.

I like Eleumenor a lot and he has been solid at RT but if he was viewed as an above average tackle he would have been offered a lot more than $7 mill a season imo.

All I can talk about is his performance.

Injuries - very little. Which is why I'm saying it's a fatal flaw. It's just a bad product if you're guaranteed to lose a superstar on your team every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad