OT: Football thread (2024 season)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I know it was 3rd and 16 but I was surprised they risked a deep shot to the Buffalo 18. They didn't need a td. Just a fg.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hate to say it watching the highlights it looks like Aaron Rodgers had a good game. This is good news long term. That division is trash so it might not be the end of the Jets.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I hate to say it watching the highlights it looks like Aaron Rodgers had a good game. This is good news long term. That division is trash so it might not be the end of the Jets.
It feels like seasons are over after 6 games but Jets and Giants are both 2 games out with 11 games to go. Both could be right back in things IF they could put together a win streak.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Giants are in such a better spot moving forward than the Jets. We are so clearly a qb away from contending. Jets are proving they can add a QB and the results are the same.

Giants have a contending defense (and the secondary are super young), good young running back, pass protecting oline, star wide receiver. Draft a QB with a pulse.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
All our problems are solved! Lol.

Hard to get excited about this unless you own him in fantasy, and even still you’re probably not going to get much out of this

The season is over already.

Last edited:
Reactions: majordomo

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Giants are in such a better spot moving forward than the Jets. We are so clearly a qb away from contending. Jets are proving they can add a QB and the results are the same.

Giants have a contending defense (and the secondary are super young), good young running back, pass protecting oline, star wide receiver. Draft a QB with a pulse.
The problem with that is that’s the hardest thing to get. If you’re that good, you won’t pick high enough to get the qb.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

But this is the same stuff Jets fans told themselves the last two years. Just wait until Rodgers plays!

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
But this is the same stuff Jets fans told themselves the last two years. Just wait until Rodgers plays!
That's true. But the Jets don't have Dex and Burns, an elite LT, and the rest of the line being solid pass blockers. If I could pick a teams future, i'd easily take NYG. Team is being built inside out.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

That is a tough call. Jets have a ton of talent. Rodgers played well last night but before last night DJ had outplayed him in the previous 4 games imo.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
At least they made the conditions where Adams has to be great or the team has to have major playoff success to make it a second.

It’s hard to imagine him making All pro with the time he has missed, and the just in general there being better receivers in the NFL too so really just team success.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The Jets kicker has declined, he was a beast last season. And the defense (especially the run defense) has regressed because some of the depth they had last season is gone coupled with JJ II's Achilles injury. Hell, if the Jets just had a competent kicker this season, they'd be 4-2.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Jets are really going for it this season. I believe Adams has $35 mill cap hits in 2025 and 2026.

Seems they're following the Rangers' playbook of acquiring sunsetting veterans.
He will be 32 soon but is he declining? He had 100 catches last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad