OT: Football thread (2024 season)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll just leave this right here. I didn't realize the stats were this...

1728274391883.png

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
thehockeynews.com
Daniel Jones is shockingly closer to Aaron Rodgers this season than anyone would have imagined. And no this is not Daniel Jones praise.

Agreed. ESPN's QBR ratings has him ranked 21st behind the injured Anthony Richardson. Yahoo Fantasy had Richardson ranked as the 5th best OA player in the pre-season which included all positions. :laugh: He's now ranked 59th.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
thehockeynews.com
Reactions: majordomo

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Nice.

But now that means Hackett is the new HC lol

But you know Rodgers is the one pulling the strings with this team. He didn’t like Bob Salad it was clear.

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Gotta think Douglas is next. That Rodgers trade looks horrible, now.
The rodgers trade looks absolutely fine. WMD still looks better than the OT the steelers took, and if you pin the team underperforming on saleh, it works.
Douglas is still the best GM we've had in decades. actually drafts Oline, has picked up UDFA's who not only make the team but earn second contracts.
Seriously. this is a coaching thing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The rodgers trade looks absolutely fine. WMD still looks better than the OT the steelers took, and if you pin the team underperforming on saleh, it works.
Douglas is still the best GM we've had in decades. actually drafts Oline, has picked up UDFA's who not only make the team but earn second contracts.
This sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.

How can a GM that made the Reddick trade be "the best GM we've had in decades?"

Maybe that says more about your hires than him, but the dude is . . . not good.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
This sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.

How can a GM that made the Reddick trade be "the best GM we've had in decades?"

Maybe that says more about your hires than him, but the dude is . . . not good.
Because all reports show that Reddick lied to the GM?
That he said he'd be good reporting?
Also it was basically a binary choice, sign huff or move him and get reddick.
Look at huff?

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
This will be a good test for Douglas. If changing the coach leads to a hot streak then Douglas can stick around and pick (not the Johnsons) the next HC. He isn't perfect but he's done more good than bad.
If the team bottoms out then Douglas can go in the offseason.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Saleh out.. didn't see that coming mid season

Honestly just based on this season I wonder about this. He has put together a great defense. The offense seems to largely be about what Rodgers wants. Would the Jets have Hackett running the offense if not for Rodgers?

A new HC may help jump start things. They often do but I do not know how the HC was responsible for Rodgers making poor throws.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Saleh winning 9 games, losing in the first round of the playoffs, and getting rewarded a contract extension is the best part of this at least that it can’t happen, that was my biggest fear.

Hackett and Keith Carter are still disasters, and should have went too though.

The Quincy Williams quote on Sunday was the first player crack when he said someone has to take accountability.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Saleh winning 9 games, losing in the first round of the playoffs, and getting rewarded a contract extension is the best part of this at least that it can’t happen, that was my biggest fear.

Hackett and Keith Carter are still disasters, and should have went too though.

The Quincy Williams quote on Sunday was the first player crack when he said someone has to take accountability.
Coaches are basically hired to be fired. Belecheck has been fired. Andy Reid has been fired. I just do not know how Salah is to blame for Rodgers making a game ending really bad throw for an int.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Coaches are basically hired to be fired. Belecheck has been fired. Andy Reid has been fired. I just do not know how Salah is to blame for Rodgers making a game ending really bad throw for an int.

If you don’t have the respect of the room anymore, which you can see in Woody’s statement that’s probably the case, it’s over, just like anytime the Rangers fire a coach, eventually the message gets drowned out, and you can’t fire the entire team so the coach goes.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I hope the Jets hire a coach who is offense first. Im tired of hiring defensive wizards to coach the team. It aint working.

Especially in an offense driven league.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If you don’t have the respect of the room anymore, which you can see in Woody’s statement that’s probably the case, it’s over, just like anytime the Rangers fire a coach, eventually the message gets drowned out, and you can’t fire the entire team so the coach goes.
That is true. The coach needs to be respected. I actually think the organization kissing Rodgers butt put the head coach in a tough position. Instead of the coach being 100% the boss people felt like the QB was making decisions. I think Salah is a pretty darn good defensive coach. It is noteworthy to me that Hackett kept his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad